Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in Basement Question

Hi,

First time user of the plumbing side of this forum. I have water coming into my basement from where the drain pipe from my sink goes into the concrete slab. I usually see the water a couple of days after an especially heavy rain. Any thoughts on how I can seal around the pipe? Also would a sump pump be a good alternative?

PS I have the lawn slopped away from the house in this corner so I'm sure I'm not sourcing water from there.

Thanks
    murph

I'd say you're a prime candidate for a sump pump. It's not that difficult of a DIY'er project but hiring a pro to do isn't a bad idea either.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Buddy told me $3,000-5,000 for a sump pump installed by a plumber. Ouch!!!

Anybody know where I can find some instructions for doing it myself?

Brian
      murph

Comment

I think that $3000-5000 figure must include a little more than just the installation of a sump pit and pump. Anyway, here's a little info that you may find helpful; http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...7/1/sump_pump/
        ================================================== ====
        All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Thanks, this is very helpful.
          murph

Comment

Working...
          X