Some People Just Don't Get It

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some People Just Don't Get It

First time a free estimate came to bite in the a**. I been given them since i opened 7 months ago and have only gone to 1 call and left not getting the job, not that I expect that to be the case always but im pretty good at getting the job if i show up. Well today I get a call from a customer and says they have leak under sink so i tell him i can be out from 12-2 pm. I pull up get out of truck, and another plumbing truck pulls in the driveway. As i knock at door he is calling customer to see whats up. He opens door and i ask him did u call other companys. He says yes i called 3 to get free estimates. I say thats fine but how could u schedule all at same time, he says i had to get done today so i had no choice. Me and the other plumber look at him and say you have no respect for anyone but yourself and both leave as the customer still thinks he did nothing wrong. Me and the other plumber bs for a while in front of his house untill the other plumber showed up and we explain to him whats going on and he says he is leaving to. I could never in my life do that for any reason if my A/C breaks i would maybe look around and get estimates but how could i ever schdule 2 of them at the same time it would never even cross my mind to do something like that. Paul
    You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Re: Some People Just Don't Get It

At least You Did not waste time actually Bidding The Job ... Now The Homeowner is Blacklisted by 3 Plumbers ... LOL

Dave

Comment

3 estimates for a little leak under a sink??? And having them all come at once? I am not a very thrifty person, I don't mind spending money on quality service or goods. So people that are that extremely cheap get under my skin.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

The closest I came to that was when we were buying our house, we had only about 2-3 hours that we could get contractors to come before closing. So we had 30 minute windows for 6 contractors to come and give us an estimate. Having them show up with no staggering really shows no respect for their time. When we did it, there were sometimes two people at at once, but it was kind of unavoidable in that case. We were getting the whole house painted and floors refinished, so each bid was in the range $3-6,000. I would expect this job was in the few hundred dollar range, not thousands.

Comment

Working...
        X