X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tools stolen

Some time Yesterday thieves stole A skill saw and New battery sawsall from our work site.
    Guys were down lower hill behind Customers house, Garage door open. This is S.F.
    Door stays closed now that the horse is gone. My own fault,I've left it open for months.
    Some nice ,cheap tools will hit the Oakland flee market this weekend. No serial #
    recorded,won't call cops. 2 years ago lost an old tile saw from My open pick up at H.D.
    Maybe I'll learn When I'm 90! ALL H.D. in this country get hit ALL the time,Do a search.
    It ain't goona get better. Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Tools stolen

It's getting bad. I had a 200 lb radial arm saw that was stolen out of my driveway in front of my two cars. It was there to move it over to my wood shop later that night. My wife and I where just sitting down to watch a movie after my son went to bed. I looked out the window to see some one pull up in a pickup and two guys got out and walked up the driveway. I got up and walked to the door to meet them there. I figured they needed directions or something. NOPE they walked right up to the saw picked it up as I opened the door they where half way down my drive way with it. I threw some shoes on and by that time they had it in their truck. I grabbed my keys and chased after them. Well the tailgate fell down and they stopped three houses down. One of them got out to close it, I guess they didn't think I would chase after them. I pulled my car in front of their truck and got out. The guy looked at me and said hell no and jumped back in the truck peeling out in reverse smoking the whole neighborhood. I chased them for about two miles going 75 in a 35 on the phone with the state police. I lost them at a very busy intersection when they blew threw the stop light and almost hit a cluster of three cars. After that I could not catch up. Two months later some one broke into my car and stole a bunch of tools that I had just put in there to take to a project I was going to work on the next day. Needless to say I now have motion outdoor lights that will make it look like the sun shines at night when they are set off and my 12 gauge is locked and loaded. I am sick of this. I can't tell you how many times we had our trucks broken into on job sites and thousands of dollars in tools stolen.

Comment

Man that's low. Steal my wife, but don't steal my tools.

I once chased a guy across a busy 5 lane road who had helped himself to a right angle drill and sawzall from my truck. As I was chasing him, an off duty security guard was sitting at a light in his car. He figured out what was going on as this clown streaked by carrying my stuff. He jumps out, and we both caught him at the same time and tackled him in a gas station parking lot.

He got arrested (I don't know what evere happened to him) and I got my tools back.

I tried to give the security guard 50 bucks, but he wouldn't take it. Said the "thrill of the hunt" was all he needed.

Comment

I was very mad at first but I laugh now because when I got out of my car and that guy who was half my size had this look of fear in his eyes and said hell no. It's kind of funny......

Comment

Originally posted by danlawrence View Post
          it's getting bad. I had a 200 lb radial arm saw that was stolen out of my driveway in front of my two cars. It was there to move it over to my wood shop later that night. My wife and i where just sitting down to watch a movie after my son went to bed. I looked out the window to see some one pull up in a pickup and two guys got out and walked up the driveway. I got up and walked to the door to meet them there. I figured they needed directions or something. Nope they walked right up to the saw picked it up as i opened the door they where half way down my drive way with it. I threw some shoes on and by that time they had it in their truck. I grabbed my keys and chased after them. Well the tailgate fell down and they stopped three houses down. One of them got out to close it, i guess they didn't think i would chase after them. I pulled my car in front of their truck and got out. The guy looked at me and said hell no and jumped back in the truck peeling out in reverse smoking the whole neighborhood. I chased them for about two miles going 75 in a 35 on the phone with the state police. I lost them at a very busy intersection when they blew threw the stop light and almost hit a cluster of three cars. After that i could not catch up. Two months later some one broke into my car and stole a bunch of tools that i had just put in there to take to a project i was going to work on the next day. Needless to say i now have motion outdoor lights that will make it look like the sun shines at night when they are set off and my 12 gauge is locked and loaded. I am sick of this. I can't tell you how many times we had our trucks broken into on job sites and thousands of dollars in tools stolen.

They saw it on the end of the driveway and thought you were
          giving it away ! AS A DISCARD ? ?

Thats why I always close my truck doors so i can say some was
          stealing them when or if they were caught,

but the best advice my oldest brother ever give me was to always
          to lock my truck doors make it a habit ! ! So you don't ever forget! !
          JERRYMAC
          E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
          CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
          FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
          SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Originally posted by JERRYMAC View Post
            They saw it on the end of the driveway and thought you were
            giving it away ! AS A DISCARD ? ?

Thats why I always close my truck doors so i can say some was
            stealing them when or if they were caught,

but the best advice my oldest brother ever give me was to always
            to lock my truck doors make it a habit ! ! So you don't ever forget! !
            Not at all it was near the front of my house right next to the garage door and I had two cars parked blocking it. It was only there for a few hours and was going to be moved later that night. Did I mention they did this during day light. There is no conceivable way these guys could have thought I put it out for free.

Comment

As some of you know I had my entire van stolen and cleaned out in september. I now have full insurance, a security light, a silent alarm and a 12 gauge.
              West Trail Mechanical Ltd
              Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

Originally posted by bigPipe09 View Post
                As some of you know I had my entire van stolen and cleaned out in september. I now have full insurance, a security light, a silent alarm and a 12 gauge.
                I find the sound of a 12 gauge being pumped is a great solution

Comment

Hmmm Make a Cordless tool/BOMB Servs 'em Right

Gonna Get Worse With this Worthless Liberal President

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
                    It's getting bad. I had a 200 lb radial arm saw that was stolen out of my driveway in front of my two cars. It was there to move it over to my wood shop later that night. My wife and I where just sitting down to watch a movie after my son went to bed. I looked out the window to see some one pull up in a pickup and two guys got out and walked up the driveway. I got up and walked to the door to meet them there. I figured they needed directions or something. NOPE they walked right up to the saw picked it up as I opened the door they where half way down my drive way with it. I threw some shoes on and by that time they had it in their truck. I grabbed my keys and chased after them. Well the tailgate fell down and they stopped three houses down. One of them got out to close it, I guess they didn't think I would chase after them. I pulled my car in front of their truck and got out. The guy looked at me and said hell no and jumped back in the truck peeling out in reverse smoking the whole neighborhood. I chased them for about two miles going 75 in a 35 on the phone with the state police. I lost them at a very busy intersection when they blew threw the stop light and almost hit a cluster of three cars. After that I could not catch up. Two months later some one broke into my car and stole a bunch of tools that I had just put in there to take to a project I was going to work on the next day. Needless to say I now have motion outdoor lights that will make it look like the sun shines at night when they are set off and my 12 gauge is locked and loaded. I am sick of this. I can't tell you how many times we had our trucks broken into on job sites and thousands of dollars in tools stolen.
                    Next time get the license #, pick up you phone and call the cops. Or pick up your phone and take a picture.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                      Some time Yesterday thieves stole A skill saw and New battery sawsall from our work site.
                      Guys were down lower hill behind Customers house, Garage door open. This is S.F.
                      Door stays closed now that the horse is gone. My own fault,I've left it open for months.
                      Some nice ,cheap tools will hit the Oakland flee market this weekend. No serial #
                      recorded,won't call cops. 2 years ago lost an old tile saw from My open pick up at H.D.
                      Maybe I'll learn When I'm 90! ALL H.D. in this country get hit ALL the time,Do a search.
                      It ain't goona get better. Tool

We had a guy on one of our jobs get his whole site box stolen.......The next day a car full of people stopped at the job site trying to sell the tools to him and his guys Cheap LOL they didnt get any money

Comment

Add 1 Milwaukee 7" grinder ! Thank God I never caught a thief. 20 Years ago After they stole a full size Oxy. and Acetylene from My welding rig ,I slept in the shop with My 9
                        I had thought of the mudflat where I was going to dump the Bastards! Thank God They didn't show
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Hit three times in 5 yrs all the tools to do plumbing,and the only thing
                          they can do with them is sell ,cause they sure don`t know how to use them.

Comment

I just moved into my other van because the brakes went out on my older van.

I like this newer van better so I'm getting the brakes fixed on the old one and keeping it as back up or hopefully one day an employee.

I'm going tomorrow to get an alarm installed and I plan on ordering security window screens from americanvan.com.

My insurance guy gave me a quote of $700 per year to insure the contents of my van separate from the vehicle insurance which I'm not sure I'm getting.

In addition to my new alarm and security window screens, I already use a steering column lock (not like the easy to get around steering wheel lock), and a brake lock, both can be bought at pep boys. I also have my big machine chain locked to its ramp, my camera equipment and small machine chain locked to the 300 lb water jet. Some may say I inherited my dads paranoid schizophrenia, but I've never had a tool or van stolen, so it works for me.

The police here recently busted a group of 3 teenagers who were stealing laptops, cameras, etc from peoples cars. They didn't break windows to get the goods either. Turns out there are a lot of people who leave their car doors unlocked. If thats all I need, then I'll be fine, I lock my van whenever I'm not in it.

Unless a thief is walking around with a cordless reciprocating saw to get through my brake and column lock or is pulling it up onto a flat bed tow truck, I'm not worried about my van or it's contents getting stolen.

I would rather not have to buy a new seesnake, big and small machine, water jet, etc.

Hoping for the best.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Originally posted by NoeEttica View Post
                              Hmmm Make a Cordless tool/BOMB Servs 'em Right

Gonna Get Worse With this Worthless Liberal President
                              Never mind...
                              Last edited by HebertDrainCare; 05-15-2009, 10:26 PM. Reason: Never mind...

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Working...
                              X