X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you?

"Let's be friends man, I mean your not only friends with plumbers are you?"

Ok wethead, let's be friends. I'll be at the zone if you want to talk.

Just messing with ya.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
      "Let's be friends man, I mean your not only friends with plumbers are you?"

Ok wethead, let's be friends. I'll be at the zone if you want to talk.

Just messing with ya.
      Well, you know I have 18 accounts there,<-- Kidding 25,, no no zero now, I promise

And seriously , you like to write, You should let me set you up a web platform, I do it for free for plumbers btw........just ask redwood and dunbar.

And btw: I don't have a forum anymore, I deleted it a while back, Now I just empower other plumbers with the use of the net.

I actually think your a cool dude, when were not ragging on each other

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
        85 lbs is nowhere near double or triple what the pressure should be. It doesn't seem like it should effect the tank at all.
        The T&P is set at 150lbs so that is why it did not go off.

75 lbs psi is the highest working pressure but most plumbing systems can handle more. They just wear out faster.

When I arrive at a home to do anything water pressure related, I keep that pressure gauge in tow because not only is it required to accurrately diagnose symptomatic problems, but it's an income earner as well. So I'd be foolish not to discuss high water pressure in plumbing systems given the ability to increase a sale and provide true, legit protection to any plumbing system.

When I saw the tag Wilkins on the PRV, I already knew it was blown. Most times they all are. They just don't hold up in my area. My next move is to the Expansion Tank which involves me unscrewing that cap and using a nail to test for water on the air side of the tank.

I always have the property owner 'watch' me do this instead of just taking my word on it. Most times when the tank is defective, you'll get black water or milky gray water from the schrader valve indicating the membrane has ruptured.

With that tank pulling down from the ceiling, it's obvious it's full and straining the piping. Thing is....I have to stretch both directions to rework it all and I won't underprice it given the work involved.

When pricing was discussed, they was shutting me down given one price over the phone, one price at the door, and now one huge price to get it all right.

Home inspection "should" pick this up. Having my name stamped on that water heater does not include that I own that entire piping system from rooftop to main. It just doesn't.

At night time, the highest that area gets to is around 100psi. With the PRV blown the water will be moving in and out of the house. If the brand new T&P does its job, I'll be called out to address the situation with invoice in tow that I already diagnosed the problem, see page 13 in the owner's manual where I left sweet love for all to see.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

It's starting to rain, I might be here for a while yet.
          Ahh ain't that life...
          ya farted around and missed the pre-front bite...
          shame...

Any how this lil brawl is acually where Iron Ranger got off topic in a thread where he was defending the honor of this quality work...

Tell you the truth I'd rather defend John Wayne Gacy in a court of law then that work.
          411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood View Post
            Ahh ain't that life...
            ya farted around and missed the pre-front bite...
            shame...

Any how this lil brawl is acually where Iron Ranger got off topic in a thread where he was defending the honor of this quality work...

Tell you the truth I'd rather defend John Wayne Gacy in a court of law then that work.
            Whos work is this?

Comment

Really I like to avoid crossing forums with arguements...
              Spreading kitty litter out of the box... so to speak but....
              This is bound to be on at least 10 different forums as the mods tell him to move along...
              but it is safe to say that the source of this arguemant was named much earlier in the thread...

Seeing as over there the donny brook merged 2 threads over there at IR's bidding I don't see any problem with the same thing happening here.

Comment

I would carefully weigh any answer before posting...
                Your position is one where in war the winning side wants their opponent to be...

Comment

Hell that looks like that is connected to a Moen 1225B with plastic extension!

Belch!
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Hahahahha, I don't think I ever defended his work. Infact I tried like hell not to say anything about it! It was never about that picture. Like I said over yonder, I would have re-piped it all or just walked away. I don't put myself in a position like that and certainly wouldn't be bragin about it.

I don't even own a set of regular crimpers to make those connections, it's Viega sleeves or nothing for me.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                      Hell that looks like that is connected to a Moen 1225B with plastic extension!

Belch!
                      Dayem!

Dunbar ya just made me spray my monitor with portugese sweet raisin muffin toasted and buttered.

BTW this is the referrence to the origin of this thread.
                      http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...8&postcount=10

Comment

Hahahahha, I don't think I ever defended his work. Infact I tried like hell not to say anything about it! It was never about that picture. Like I said over yonder, I would have re-piped it all or just walked away. I don't put myself in a position like that and certainly wouldn't be bragin about it.

I don't even own a set of regular crimpers to make those connections, it's Viega sleeves or nothing for me.
                        Oh Really!

Your were just killing the messenger so to speak...

Comment

You must walk away from a lot of work telling people they need their whole house repiped or you won't fix a thing!

In this economy I'm doing more patching then ever...

For some reason I haven't done a whole house repipe in a while
                          Must be some hiccup in the local economy if you have it different.

Comment

Hmmm whats the viega # for their polly b / pex Transition fitting...

Got a pic?

Comment

You must walk away from a lot of work telling people they need their whole house repiped or you won't fix a thing!

In this economy I'm doing more patching then ever...

For some reason I haven't done a whole house repipe in a while
                              Must be some hiccup in the local economy if you have it different.

No, I don't walk away from much work at all but I do a lot of re-pipes, I've done three in the last month. I do a lot of patch work too, I call them service calls. The fact is we don't have a lot of the quest poly stuff up here. But if I did run into that exact situation yes I would say re-pipe or nothing. I don't have the regular crimp tools and won't buy them just for one fix maybe every couple years.

Comment

Hmmm whats the viega # for their polly b / pex Transition fitting...

Got a pic?

Viega does make a crimp angle stop in 3/8, it would have worked perfectly on the poly. Besides making the stuff I use (SS sleeves and bronze fittings), Viega also makes the basic "crimp" fitting and copper crimp rings.

IF..... I wanted to make that repair and IF.... I had the basic crimp tool for 3/8 copper crimp ring I could have done it. The parts are available. You would have had a 3/8" barbed male end coming out of the angle stop, would have eliminated all the extra crimps with just ONE crimp. Similar to the picture below. The Viega part number is 42002. Anything else I can help you with Redwood?
                                Also, I never defended the work in the picture, I never once said it was a good fix. If I'm wrong then please show me, otherwise forget about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X