X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you?

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
    Viega does make a crimp angle stop in 3/8, it would have worked perfectly on the poly. Besides making the stuff I use (SS sleeves and bronze fittings), Viega also makes the basic "crimp" fitting and copper crimp rings.

IF..... I wanted to make that repair and IF.... I had the basic crimp tool for 3/8 copper crimp ring I could have done it. The parts are available. You would have had a 3/8" barbed male end coming out of the angle stop, would have eliminated all the extra crimps with just ONE crimp. Similar to the picture below. The Viega part number is 42002. Anything else I can help you with Redwood?
    Also, I never defended the work in the picture, I never once said it was a good fix. If I'm wrong then please show me, otherwise forget about it.

Not really! That is a PEX Fitting and will not work right with Poly-B...
    See while the OD of both products is 5/8" the PEX has a thicker wall under SDR-9.
    That stop would no doubt blow off.

Thing is IR, Dunbar did what he had to do, and the work he did is safe!

Your over here fighting a battle you already conceeded in the other forum... Brutha!

Iron Head sings...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-MEkwooP2U
    Last edited by Redwood; 05-16-2009, 01:48 PM.
    411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

"Thing is IR, Duck did what he had to do, and the work he did is safe!"

I 100% disagree with you there redwood. He said himself when the thing blows he'll be called back to make the rest of the PROPER repairs. Don't even go there, it's far from being safe. Better pray nobody is standing near the t&p drain sitting in the middle of the floor when it blows off!

Also, the angle stop fitting will work on the pb. The picture is an example, it's not viega as I STATED in the post.

Comment

Now grovel at Dunbar's sweat toes fresh out of his old sneakers and show respect...
        Kiss his toes...

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood View Post
          Now grovel at Dunbar's sweat toes fresh out of his old sneakers and show respect...
          Kiss his toes...
          Funny, I agree about not arguing about it but I'll be damned if I kiss anyones toes! I stand behind my opinion. I can't believe you actually think the situation was left in a safe manner, you of all people. I'm really disapointed.

Comment

Ok, and if not the barbed 3/8 crimp stop then why not one of these? 3/8 x 3/8 for pb? There are other ways to do it. Spent two minutes researching it and found a number of different ways. Hell, maybe I'll order some quest fitting to stock on the van, Nah, I would rather just walk away, not worth it to me.

Comment

Ohhh boy that water heater that had a defective T&P that probably also had a bad T-Stat....

That's how water heaters end up looking like that...

How long have you been plumbing any way...

A water heater is a pressure vessel.
              The maximum working pressure is 150 Psi hence the 150 rating of the T&P.
              The actual burst pressure engineered is probably in the 300 Psi region I don't have the asme spec and i'm not going to buy it in a fruitless effort to cure your ignorance of the subject. This has already been argued once in another thread in another forum and i can't help it if anything complicated goes around more times with you than a dvd playing an epic movie...

In the myth busters show when the blew up the water heater didn't it pop off in the 325 Psi. region? You must have some wild pressures up in them Iron Range mountains... LOL

Comment

OOPS My Bad!
                332 Psi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmJoyuUJj2Q

Comment

I was watching "i love money" but deceided this thread had more drama. I think you guys should meet at the roundup and wrestle in sumo suits to settle this. I got 20 on Dunbar winning the first round while eating a twinkie.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                    I was watching "i love money" but deceided this thread had more drama. I think you guys should meet at the roundup and wrestle in sumo suits to settle this. I got 20 on Dunbar winning the first round while eating a twinkie.

Well, I have reserved my spot for the round up , my girl and I will be there, I think Dunbar is going to be there too.

I am not sure who else is going and:

I though Rick said no arm wrestling?

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood View Post
                      Ohhh boy that water heater that had a defective T&P that probably also had a bad T-Stat....

That's how water heaters end up looking like that...

How long have you been plumbing any way...

A water heater is a pressure vessel.
                      The maximum working pressure is 150 Psi hence the 150 rating of the T&P.
                      The actual burst pressure engineered is probably in the 300 Psi region I don't have the asme spec and i'm not going to buy it in a fruitless effort to cure your ignorance of the subject. This has already been argued once in another thread in another forum and i can't help it if anything complicated goes around more times with you than a dvd playing an epic movie...

In the myth busters show when the blew up the water heater didn't it pop off in the 325 Psi. region? You must have some wild pressures up in them Iron Range mountains... LOL
                      It's funny how you keep turning things around avoiding the potential danger that was left behind. Go back and read the original post, you seem to have gotten lost. Like I said, we all do things different and I would have NEVER put my company in that kind of situation. They have a defective prv, WHY do they have a prv in the first place? How do you know the t-stat was bad? Did it magically fix itself after the fact? Damn redwood, it's not that hard. Put the friggin new prv in or walk away until they agree to do so. Why would you condone such ill regard for someones safety?
                      We don't have high water pressure up here in the Iron Range Mountains (whatever that is), and it's been since 1987 if you must know after serving four years in the USMC, ooooorah! I'm done, have a great weekend Redwood.

Comment

Let's Arm Wrestle:

Comment

I have been training :

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
                            It's funny how you keep turning things around avoiding the potential danger that was left behind. Go back and read the original post, you seem to have gotten lost. Like I said, we all do things different and I would have NEVER put my company in that kind of situation. They have a defective prv, WHY do they have a prv in the first place? How do you know the t-stat was bad? Did it magically fix itself after the fact? Damn redwood, it's not that hard. Put the friggin new prv in or walk away until they agree to do so. Why would you condone such ill regard for someones safety?
                            We don't have high water pressure up here in the Iron Range Mountains (whatever that is), and it's been since 1987 if you must know after serving four years in the USMC, ooooorah! I'm done, have a great weekend Redwood.
                            What danger Iron Head????

All That will happen with the situation Dunbar left is a T&P that may discharge about a coffee cup full of water if it is heating from close to full depletion of the hot water...

A maximum pressure of 150 Psi which is well within the design of the water heater...

Actually about the only thing that would happen is a reduced service life of the water heater due to the pressure vessel going through pressure cycles and cracking due to metal fatigue...

One day probably much ahead of it's expected service life they just may experience a failure ala Aloha Airlines Flight 243 where fatigue cracking of the metal was caused by an advanced number of pressure cycles caused by the aircraft being used for short hops between the islands. The failure of the pressurized cabin occurred way ahead of the airframe time that engineers expected any problems because the aircraft was doing all short hops between the islands and had 89,090 flight cycles on it. The aircraft was expected to be used for longer flights and had a design life expectation of 75,000 cycles. Only one other Boeing 737-700 had a higher number of flight cycles on the airframe.

However, with out the 460 Knt. breeze to rip at the crack the failure will be confined to being a leak...

Now stop being thick and absorb what you have been schooled on...

Comment

I gotta go it's

Time!

Stop arguing with people that are smarter than you!

It's dumb to do that...

ooooorah! Iron Ranger... No disrespect to ya but while you were sitting in a muddy wet hole in the ground I was doing 9-5 with a wake up in an air conditioned building USAF, where we sent our officers off to fight! ooooorah!
                              Last edited by Redwood; 05-16-2009, 02:44 PM.

Comment

You're right, I'm just not as evolved as you are.

Comment

Working...
                                X