X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you?

For the record:

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

I doubt there is anyone among us that has not been faced with this sort of dilemma at some point in our careers. The decision to do something or nothing at all. Often, for economic or other reasons we can not persuade the customer to buy the whole cow so to speak. Does that mean we walk away from the whole job? It all depends on you in the end. Liability is a very big factor in your decision. You must cover you ***. So can you cya and still take a piece of the pie? Most times, if your contract is properly written the answer is yes. In this case, should the PRV be replaced? Absolutly, and Dunby did his best to convey that to the customer. Regardless of the PRV situation, the water tank needed to be replaced and I see no reason not to do that job with the customers understanding (written & signed) that the initial problem still exists. Even in a good economy getting folks to do entire re-pipes and or fix every pluming issue in the house is a tough sell.
    It is good that so many of you that posted here feel highly of your abilities and integrity. It shows pride in the profession. Right or wrong only your years of service to the trade will tell.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      I wish to thank each and everyone of you for providing the most entertainment and laughs I've had in quite a while.
      Your welcome

Comment

just curious.

would a tradesperson still be liable even if nothing is done?

i'm trying to liken this to lets say any hazard that one is aware of buts fails to notify the HO or the inspection branch/authority.

Vince

Comment

same reason they go after the bar tender when a patron wraps his car around a tree I suppose.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
            just curious.

would a tradesperson still be liable even if nothing is done?

i'm trying to liken this to lets say any hazard that one is aware of buts fails to notify the HO or the inspection branch/authority.

Vince

I'm not sure why a plumber would take a call and not tell the customer what needs to be done? Or do you mean if he does part of the work and doesn't tell the cutomer about a potential hazard that he's aware of?

I don't know but the way I handle the situation is I tell the customer up front what needs to be done. If I feel in my professional opinion that the customer needs A, B and C done to make the repairs safe and in proper working order we will do A, B and C. If the customers only wants to do point "A" and refuses to do B and C then I walk and make the customer aware. The customer will sign the service invoice stating they are aware of what I proposed and what they declined. CYA

Comment

If water pressure is too high, a regulator is needed. If the customer didn't want to do it, I'd walk off into the sunset like real quick.
              (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

Yes,
                what was the question? If Duck did it, I stand behind his decision, especially because I can only vouch for his character, work ethic and enormous wang based on his own postings.

Comment

Gee thanks guys I go away for the weekend for a Trade Show and this is how you treat the site? I am closing this thread and do not care to take score at this time. However, anyone who feels this is appropriate conduct for this site is welcome to leave.

Thanks-Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                  X