Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Oldest Ridgid Tubing Cutter?

Lets just have a fun thread

What is the age of your oldest Ridgid Tubing Cutter?

My oldest one is about 10 years old.

I know Ridgid Tools last forever, so I am sure someone has one older that that!!

What's your oldest cutter?

Re: Your Oldest Ridgid Tubing Cutter?

I only have two. My #150 is about 8 or 10 years old. I have one from my dad that has to be at least 45 years old. It's about the same size as the 150, but has a fixed deburr knife. No extra wheel storage (too bad - the wheel is totally flat). One day I'll get around to finding the right wheel for itl... the tool itself still in great condition and still looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_M View Post
      I I have one from my dad that has to be at least 45 years old.
      WOW - 45 YEARS !

Thats old, Thanks for sharing that!

Comment

I have an imp cutter that I know is over 30 years. A pipe cutter that I am not sure how old it is as I have had it for 35+ and it was old when I got it.
        And I have a bunch of copper cutter from #20 on down of various ages, most over 15 years. Except for replacing cutter wheels due to normal wear they are holding up well.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
          I have an imp cutter that I know is over 30 years. A pipe cutter that I am not sure how old it is as I have had it for 35+ and it was old when I got it.
          And I have a bunch of copper cutter from #20 on down of various ages, most over 15 years. Except for replacing cutter wheels due to normal wear they are holding up well.

Awesome., Yea, I only thing I ever had to replace my wheels as well which is normal,

The only time I ever bought a new one was when I lost a tool

Comment

A #10 tubing cutter that has to be 35+ and has had several wheel replacements and a 2A pipe cutter that has to be 25+, has had light use and most likely still has the original wheel in it. Both work fine. I do have a few newer cutters including a cute mini by Ridge.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Midget-T...s/EN/index.htm
            The #103 micro size tubing cutter is my little one. If I can't swing it in a tight spot, then I give up.
            I had a few other tiny cutters but never liked them near as much as the little 103 that can get it done.
            Last edited by Woussko; 05-22-2009, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
              A #10 tubing cutter that has to be 35+ and has had several wheel replacements and a 2A pipe cutter that has to be 25+, has had light use and most likely still has the original wheel in it. Both work fine. I do have a few newer cutters including a cute mini by Ridge.

Awesome, and Thanks for sharing!

There is no other like a Ridgid cutter!

Comment

Jeesh. I can't seem to keep one more than a couple years before I loose it.

Comment

The only time I ever bought a new one was when I lost a tool
                  or somebody 'borrows' one and it never finds its way home.
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Hey, as long as we're talking tubing cutters....

I just finished a re-pipe and my #150 was pretty dirty and gritty to say the least. I took it all apart and rinsed it in paint thinner... question is, do you guys add a dab of grease to the screw and wheel or just run 'em dry? I put some grease on, made a test cut and sweated the cut tube to a scrap fitting. It seemed to work ok, so I'm thinking that the grease casues no contamination. Any advice as to whether grease is good or bad?

-Andy

Comment

Can't Remember what the Name of the stuff is ... But I Use a Teflon Gun Lube ....

and I have a very Old Rigid cutter Somewhere Has a Steel Knob as a Handle and NO De burr as I Recall ....

These cutters see very little Use These Days ... I mostly use Ratchet Cutters ...

Dave

Comment

been using the same cutters for over 15 years, replacing cutter wheels when needed and occasionally spray bathing them in wd-40 to clean guides and screw stem to keep them working nicely.

Comment

Older than me..... a lot older

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                            Older than me..... a lot older
                            Well, I guess its safe to say we can pass these tools down to our kids

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
                              Well, I guess its safe to say we can pass these tools down to our kids

If Our Kids Out Live Us ...

Young Adults Here in Florida are Ending up Dead or in Jail. Sad Situation

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X