New Water Heater Code

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Water Heater Code

Getting Interesting ... 110 Degree tempering Valve ... ( Sooo Why Not Do away with Pressure Balance Valves ) Also The water will Be awfullly chilly by the time It Gets to The Fixture ...

Also Expansion Tank ... Explain That to The Lady in a "Park Model" With a 10 Gallon Heater and NO Cabnet Space LOL ...

Dave

Re: New Water Heater Code

Originally posted by NoeEttica View Post
    Getting Interesting ... 110 Degree tempering Valve ... ( Sooo Why Not Do away with Pressure Balance Valves ) Also The water will Be awfullly chilly by the time It Gets to The Fixture ...

Also Expansion Tank ... Explain That to The Lady in a "Park Model" With a 10 Gallon Heater and NO Cabnet Space LOL ...

Dave

Where is this coming from? Proposed changes to IPC or UPC?

110°F is the perfect temperature for Legionella to propagate.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Also The water will Be awfullly chilly by the time It Gets to The Fixture ...

Here in Queensland Australia we have to use a tempering valve set at 49 degrees C in the hot water line,the laundry and kitchen are exempt from this
      by-law so we usually fit the valve in the vanity cupboard of the bathroom so the water basically cannot scald children,although there are a lot of plumbers who just "temper" the whole house for simplicity and cost saving
      Cheers
      Graeme

Comment

It's in the 2007 Florida Building Code ...

Dave

Comment

I guess the only way to safely make Floridas new rule work would be to keep the WH @ 140 then add a tempering valve at each fixture?

I see this as another case of the "Obama will save you" government mentality...

I'm gonna bet that the numbers of scalds does not support a rule like this.
          Last edited by OkieBill; 05-23-2009, 09:33 AM. Reason: I splle bad

Comment

Keep it simple. Cold showers work for Me! Hot water is a luxury.

The Middle Ages, 1000 Years without a bath! Got an A in history, 1956, for that line!
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
            X