X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Water Heater Code

Getting Interesting ... 110 Degree tempering Valve ... ( Sooo Why Not Do away with Pressure Balance Valves ) Also The water will Be awfullly chilly by the time It Gets to The Fixture ...

Also Expansion Tank ... Explain That to The Lady in a "Park Model" With a 10 Gallon Heater and NO Cabnet Space LOL ...

Dave

Re: New Water Heater Code

Originally posted by NoeEttica View Post
    Getting Interesting ... 110 Degree tempering Valve ... ( Sooo Why Not Do away with Pressure Balance Valves ) Also The water will Be awfullly chilly by the time It Gets to The Fixture ...

Also Expansion Tank ... Explain That to The Lady in a "Park Model" With a 10 Gallon Heater and NO Cabnet Space LOL ...

Dave

Where is this coming from? Proposed changes to IPC or UPC?

110°F is the perfect temperature for Legionella to propagate.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Also The water will Be awfullly chilly by the time It Gets to The Fixture ...

Here in Queensland Australia we have to use a tempering valve set at 49 degrees C in the hot water line,the laundry and kitchen are exempt from this
      by-law so we usually fit the valve in the vanity cupboard of the bathroom so the water basically cannot scald children,although there are a lot of plumbers who just "temper" the whole house for simplicity and cost saving
      Cheers
      Graeme

Comment

It's in the 2007 Florida Building Code ...

Dave

Comment

I guess the only way to safely make Floridas new rule work would be to keep the WH @ 140 then add a tempering valve at each fixture?

I see this as another case of the "Obama will save you" government mentality...

I'm gonna bet that the numbers of scalds does not support a rule like this.
          Last edited by OkieBill; 05-23-2009, 10:33 AM. Reason: I splle bad

Comment

Keep it simple. Cold showers work for Me! Hot water is a luxury.

The Middle Ages, 1000 Years without a bath! Got an A in history, 1956, for that line!
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
            X