I hate it when, add yours ! Grrrrr !#%@

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I hate it when, add yours ! Grrrrr !#%@

I get Whack Jobs Like that all the Time ... Just Quoted a Bathroom Group Installed Over a Crawl space ("New" Bathroom)... Customer Has Bargain Fixtures Already ... Whined at a $1250.00 Bid ... That Includes all Piping ...

Comment

Plumbing companies that crank call, call to see how you answer phone questions, check prices, or check to see how busy we are. Just ask! I'll be happy to talk shop!
      (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

Saying "I do" and finding out 2 days later what you are truly in store for, for the rest of your life.
        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
          Saying "I do" and finding out 2 days later what you are truly in store for, for the rest of your life.
          Slow study?

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
            It took that long to realize there was no "off" button. . . .ever!
            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Resetting a toilet and thinking the closet bolt needs one more little turn to snug it up--- that's when you hear the pvc collar snap.

Going to the truck for something important -- and standing there 5 minutes trying to remember what it was.
              Then going back inside to retrace your steps in hopes that you'll remember what it was, aha! I remember. I go back to the truck and forget again.

Trying to pull back a wall escuscheon and it slices your fingers across the pads. Now everything you do hurts.

Farmers that do their own wiring.

River Birch trees that drip on your head.

Forum members with long memories.
              "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Metric faucet screw down the shower drain.
                Going to reset existing wc only to find, by the urine etc running down your pants, that it has been used while disconnected.
                Apprentices getting hurt or breaking things doing stupid things because you didn't child proof the job site.
                You're way out in bumfu#* and one (fill in the blank) short of finishing the job.
                The inspector has creative ideas pertaining to code interpretation.
                Tightening the threads using the ouch that hurts gauge isn't properly tight like it used to be.
                the computer decides to take a nap right when you're trying to download a critical pdf.
                You send the right email to the wrong person

Comment

Happened again yesterday! 1 fitting not soldered! When will I EVER learn . No damage ,
                  Over tired.
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Resetting fixtures after fire/flood damage reno and again most the mounting hardware is missing and the toilet still has old water in it , or is just plain filthy!! Those restoration companys never learn no matter how many times I tell them.

Comment

No one mentioned the wife or kids taking tools out of your truck and using them for things they are not intended for. Then not putting them back so when you need it, it's not there. So you go buy a new one and then she complains about you spending more money on tools when it was her fault in the first place.

Comment

I guess this goes back to the issue of using alarms and locks.........

Comment

Sales people telling customers that the replacement toilet will work s long as the bolts are 12" from the wall. Not telling them unless you live in a mobile home and the water comes up through the floor directly between the bowl and the wall.

Comment

A cust. calls desperate for an RPZ test because he got the notice from the city.
                            A slumlord who owns a duplex. (Boiler feed)
                            He was in a massive hurry until he found out it was at the 5 year rebuild point.
                            He thought this would be free/covered by the city.It had not been tested since it was installed in 2004!!!!

Then I get the kitchen sink stoppage...both bowls full to the to with grease and liquid bummer.
                            Wet vac all the crap out and pull the trap.
                            ...The trap so full of noodles that it was like the trick can of nuts with the snake that springs out..
                            but it was slimy noodles and coffee grounds that covered my chest.
                            My customer here was nice enough to lend me an old towel as she laughed.
                            Last edited by Jay Mpls; 06-02-2009, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Mpls View Post
                              A cust. calls desperate for an RPZ test because he got the notice from the city.
                              A slumlord who owns a duplex. (Boiler feed)
                              He was in a massive hurry until he found out it was at the 5 year rebuild point.
                              He thought this would be free/covered by the city.It had not been tested since it was installed in 2004!!!!

Then I get the kitchen sink stoppage...both bowls full to the to with grease and liquid bummer.
                              Wet vac all the crap out and pull the trap.
                              ...The trap so full of noodles that it was like the trick can of nuts with the snake that springs out..
                              but it was slimy noodles and coffee grounds that covered my chest.
                              My customer here was nice enough to lend me an old towel as she laughed.

Did you laugh when you gave her the bill.

Comment

When contractor/homeowner gives you a peice of notebook paper or magazine tearout to rough-in a slab by and tells you whatever you put in we will make it work. Then after you get done look at your neat work and think everything is good, the concrete is poured, walls up, and then the phone call thats says, "hey this aint gonna work your plumbing is wrong".
                                Then you have you argue with that person for an hour to make them understand what will really work after all. That is because you measured everthing ten times and layed out every wall that you possible would need.

Comment

Working...
                                X