I hate it when, add yours ! Grrrrr !#%@

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate it when, add yours ! Grrrrr !#%@

Remodel ,drilling plate over head,look down. Filled 1/2 empty 12oz. jar of C- flux with shavings! Drilling Joists over head, angle drill grabs a nail.Feels like Mike Tyson just nailed Me! Didn't shut off b tank's valve over weekend,empty Mon. morn!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: I hate it when, add yours ! Grrrrr !#%@

I want to fish and the weather sucks
    sigpic

Comment

Dropping the flux brush, Stripping the screw half way in, Stanley Channel locks (Enough said), screwing up that hard to reach pex crimp, replacing a fluidmaster and the anglestop won't stop leaking, 1.5" copper traps for washers below slab, dropping the toilet tank lid.

On the HVAC side I hate it when Farmers do their own wiring or the schrader starts leaking after I pull my hose and it won't seal up

That is just this week

Comment

Ductwork in a crawlspace. It often seems it's ran with disregard to the future. But I know NOTHING about HVAC. Even if it's ran perfect, I still hate it.

What I call Cotton Candy Land. Pink insulation hanging everywhere.

Kohler parts.

Metal P-Traps. Some love them. I don't.

Farmers that do their own wiring.

A customer that hasn't developed basic sanitation.

The 75' crawl, over the ductwork, under the ductwork, through cotton candy land, with 20 different tools/fittings.......

and then needing ONE more thing no matter how you rethink it.

J.C.

Comment

Fishing wire 52' with a 50' snake.
          Adding an outlet in a bathroom. Locate the studs and make a hole between them and find the 4" C.I. vent stack is right where my hole wants to be.
          Replacing pole light bulbs, transformers, igniters, etc., always, always hornets' nests.
          Customer wants overhead lighting relocacted and the ceiling joists are running in the wrong direction.
          Sump pump is not working and I have to wade through a foot of water to find the breaker turned off.
          Wiring new A/C air handlers - in the attic - in July.
          Abandoned in place live wires.
          Hitting a nail with a brand new drill bit.
          Having to park down the street because the driveway has three cars parking in it.
          Changing out the load center panel next to the cat's litter box.

Comment

Complainers.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              Complainers.

Mark
              Witty....check that....Smartazz Moderators.

J.C.

Comment

-Someone else at the shop "borrowing" tools or materials from my van and not putting them back or telling me!!!
                -Wholesales that never have the most basic items in stock....what do you mean you are out of 1/2" type L copper?!!?
                -getting triple booked for the same time and all those jobs just gotta be done yesterday.....

Comment

As you hand the customer the bill they ask if it's ok to pay it next month.

Cleaning the crap out from under the kitchen sink cabinet so you can get at the piping. For christ sakes, they know you are coming. They know what for. You would think they could get the crap out of the way first.

Water heater change outs in mobile homes, where the heater is in the closet and the closet if full of crap.

Anything to do with the underside of a trailer

Please do not run water or flush the toilet ma'am. I have to cut into the waste pipe.

30' into the crawlspace, four screws, dead battery
                  sigpic

Comment

The more I read this thread the angrier I get thinking about all of these things &^*&^&***(!

I'm not a tool thrower but sometimes I want to...LOL

Comment

Spilling a Quart of CPVC Cement Under a Mobile home during a Re-Pipe Then rolling over Into it !!! ( Crotch Area New Uniform )

Dave

Comment

i hate it when the customer plugged the toilet up a week ago and then decides to call you.

Vince

use the wet/dry vac to clean it out.

Comment

Getting dripped with hot flux or solder. Being thrown long distances/beat up when hitting a nail with a self-feed bit. (now I know to turn it off and switch to the hole saw when I hear that grinding sound.) Anything having to do with heights. Now, I should start a list of good things on a different thread...it would be longer, but I'm feeling kinda lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by NoeEttica View Post
                            Spilling a Quart of CPVC Cement Under a Mobile home during a Re-Pipe Then rolling over Into it !!! ( Crotch Area New Uniform )

Dave

Along those same lines--

A quart of PVC glue falling off a shelf in the truck, landing upside down in your tool bucket after being put away without the lid on tight.

Comment

Actual conversation I had one day last week around 6:30 pm.

Caller: "Yes, I have a stopped up kitchen sink"

Me: "O.K. ma'am, I can make it there early tomorrow afternoon"

Caller: "Oh, not tonight?"

Me: "No, Ma'am"

Caller: "Oh, O.K., I can wait. How much do you charge?"

Me: "$xxx.xx"

Caller: "Too much!!!"

I hung up without saying another word.

She wanted service right now and wanted to name her own price. Click.

Comment

Working...
                              X