X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another Quality HD Installation

The full thickness backsplash was the killer. Have the granite guy put in a standard thickness (3/4"?) backsplash.

Comment

true, the counter top is cut at the shop, but the faucet holes are typically drilled at the job.

chances are the hole is 1.375'' and the base is much larger.

there will be plenty of room to drill or grind.

the simple way is to remove the faucet and either drill with a diamond hole saw at an angle to bite and then square up. or if you have a good die grinder with diamond burr and use water. granite is very hard.

of course a different faucet is a no brainer. but it appears that tweaking the existing hole is pretty straight forward. unless of course they already tried that and there's no more tweaking

as long as your dealing with the owner and not h.d. i wouldn't be worried. let the home owner deal with h.d. for credit

always have before and after photos to CYA

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        Get your hands off my shoulders.

J.C.
        DON'T LOOK ETHEL!
        info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Re: Another Quality HD Installation K.I.S.S.

Smaller faucet,Lav would be nice. Hide the granite scratch with a nice Home Depot Medallion
          in Pewter.
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur96 View Post
            i don't think enlarging the hole will work. BUT i have one idea that might but that will depend on if theres any space to the front of the sink base. and how much back splash is on the sides. might have to make some new sides.

First you have to remove the back splash trying not to break it (fat chance there) then unstick the counter top and pull it forward to where it should be. looks like the sink and or cutouts needed to be 3/4 to an 1" out more.

Fill the back with whatever you got to make up the space and then cover it back up with the 1 1/8 or 1 1/4 back splash again so it don't show.

Then you may need to have new side back splashed made up longer to take up the extra space.
            That 'fix' might work for the contractor who screwed up but if you're the HO why would you accept a POS job like that for the price?
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
              That 'fix' might work for the contractor who screwed up but if you're the HO why would you accept a POS job like that for the price?
              oh if i was the HO that thing would have gone back the min i saw it.

Comment

Is this sorted yet?
                Wouldn't the granite guy be able shave a round bevel (can't think of the word I want to use) from top to bottom, and then polish?
                Make it look purposeful. Sort of like some sinks have.
                Contour...there it is.

Comment

Working...
                X