X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Quality HD Installation

Had to work on this after the HD "plumber" and countertop "installer".

The trap has a jump up 90 that you have to look for closely.

The countertop is drilled in the wrong spot making the faucet spout rub the backsplash every time the spout is swung. Rubs as hard as possible while allowing it to barely swing.

Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 01-18-2010, 11:41 PM.

Re: Another Quality HD Installation

WOW! i Mean WOW!!! 3 or 4 grand worth of granit gone to hell. please tell me that they didnt pay for this or that they cancled the check.

Comment

I feel your pain!!!!!i just put 2 delta rough in valves in a $750,000 new home on the top out. The contractor calls and says " i think i already know teh answer to this one, but can you change the shower valves before they tile??i tell him sure, when do you need it done?? The next day i get there and the new home owner had bought 2 glaicer day 2 handle shower valves.. Do i need to say more.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim
        No doubt you had to rebuild the waste, but what can you do with that faucet?
        I'm gonna' see if the hole can be "ovaled" enough to gain clearance but still be covered by the faucet base.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur96 View Post
          WOW! i Mean WOW!!! 3 or 4 grand worth of granit gone to hell. please tell me that they didnt pay for this or that they cancled the check.
          Don't know. Called in afterwards.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            I'm gonna' see if the hole can be "ovaled" enough to gain clearance but still be covered by the faucet base.

J.C.
            na i doubt it you might be able to get like a quarter "MAYBE" but i dont think so.

How close is the back of the sink under the counter to the faucet?

Didnt the granit guy make a template? also no granit guy i know of or use will cut any granit untill he has the sink in hand. they use it for a template and to verify.

Comment

No doubt you had to rebuild the waste, but what can you do with that faucet?
              I would drill/shave it an eighth forward.I have a diamond bit and template guide I made for tops that tile/granite guys won't,can't drill or screw up on layout.

Comment

na i doubt it you might be able to get like a quarter "MAYBE" but i dont think so.

How close is the back of the sink under the counter to the faucet?

Didnt the granit guy make a template? also no granit guy i know of or use will cut any granit untill he has the sink in hand. they use it for a template and to verify.
                Sink and faucet were present. It's just a screw up. No other excuse.

I usually have a prayer meeting with installers beforehand when I work on something like this first.

But like I said, I was called second here.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JW3 View Post
                  I feel your pain!!!!!i just put 2 delta rough in valves in a $750,000 new home on the top out. The contractor calls and says " i think i already know teh answer to this one, but can you change the shower valves before they tile??i tell him sure, when do you need it done?? The next day i get there and the new home owner had bought 2 glaicer day 2 handle shower valves.. Do i need to say more.

Wow,
                  You can buy a whole house for $750,000
                  Do you still get two bathrooms?

Comment

i don't think enlarging the hole will work. BUT i have one idea that might but that will depend on if theres any space to the front of the sink base. and how much back splash is on the sides. might have to make some new sides.

First you have to remove the back splash trying not to break it (fat chance there) then unstick the counter top and pull it forward to where it should be. looks like the sink and or cutouts needed to be 3/4 to an 1" out more.

Fill the back with whatever you got to make up the space and then cover it back up with the 1 1/8 or 1 1/4 back splash again so it don't show.

Then you may need to have new side back splashed made up longer to take up the extra space.
                    Last edited by Arthur96; 05-29-2009, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                      Wow,
                      You can buy a whole house for $750,000
                      Do you still get two bathrooms?
                      No bottom yet?

J.C.

Comment

i dont think enlarging the hole will work. BUT i have one idea that might but that will depend on if theres any space to the front of the sink base. and how much backsplash is on the sides. might have to make some new sides.

First you have to remove the backsplash tring not to break it (fat chance there) then unstick the countertop and pull it forward to where it should be. looks like the sink and or cutouts needed to be 3/4 to an 1" out more.

Fill the back with whatever you got to make up the space and then cover it back up with the 1 1/8 or 1 1/4 back splash again so it dont show.

Then you may need to have new side backsplashed made up longer to take up the extra space.
                        I think I'll drill it.
                        J.C.
                        Let me know if you need help.
                        Don't worry about lodging I got that covered.

Comment

Originally posted by jcsplumbing View Post
                          no bottom yet?

J.c.
                          :d

Comment

wouldnt drill it the hole is already there you need to grind the hole twards the front.

That being said this is now a week point in the granit and if it cracks or breaks (which it very easly can) i would hate to see JC paying for someone elsed mess up.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                              Sink and faucet were present. It's just a screw up. No other excuse.

I usually have a prayer meeting with installers beforehand when I work on something like this first.

But like I said, I was called second here.

J.C.
                              Why not? Looks like he only needs about an 1/8" to clear the back splash.
                              for an 8th he might be able to just move it without grinding. but it would still be wrong.

Now if when they put in the back splash they pushed the faucet already as far front as it will go then any more grinding would probably leave a gap showing .

Shure you can fill it but is that the right way?

Comment

Working...
                              X