Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't architects update their specifications?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why don't architects update their specifications?

Originally posted by myakka View Post
    Ah yes, the designer is his wife
    Utah's actualy unknowingly(until now) on a job where one of the condo's
    Architect got his unlicensed wife a $4,000,000 remodling project where she calls herself a construction consulting agency.Which by the way the framer was smart enough to check the contractors state license board and made sure his contract was through the homeowner not the illegal contractor.The plumber has his fingers crossed to protect himself.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
      You going to submit ammendments proposal or get underbid.Or do like most guys risk not addressing it.
      I sent an RFI for clarification. Bidding something else could buy me a job the hard way. Some things, like beell and spigot underground, I'll just bid because it's only a little bit over overkill. But, Durham vents are way over the top.

Comment

do you guys know it you can still get red lead.??

Comment

Not sure this will help, but what the hey.
          http://www.tradekey.com/ks-red-lead/

Comment

Because like Homer Simpson says, "people are stupid." Especially college edumacated people involved in building/construction that don't have any actual trade experience.

Comment

Because of the 2 words- "or equivilant". Every spec from NAVFAC I've seen has thos two words at the end.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                Because of the 2 words- "or equivilant". Every spec from NAVFAC I've seen has thos two words at the end.
                In this case there was no "or equivalent".

I personally don't like "or equivalent" clauses because it encourages the low ball louies to try for a pricing advantage, which, even if it's rejected by the specifier after they get the job, leaves me without a job and nothing to show for my time. Value engineering is for after the job has been awarded.

Comment

Working...
                X