X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shady Plumbers

So friday I got a call from my inlaws neighbor. elderly lady who lives alone when she called she said she had a leak under the house, so when i was asking my usual questions she wasnt coming forward with to much info. she finally told me she had another plumbing company out doing there "anual water heater inspection" and when he came out from under the house he was soaking wet. I asked why he was under the house she still really wouldnt tell me anything. so when i got there i was expecting to get all wet and still wasnt sure what i was looking for? so i climb under the house it was bone dry from one side to the other, meter not moving, dust on the plastic and no visible signs of dried up puddles on the plastic. when i crawled out the owners son was there and i told him i could not find anything. turns out the other company on there water heater inspection told her he needed to go under the house and when he came he was soaking wet and told her all her pipes were shot and she needed a complete $8000 repipe. she was going to sign the contract with them but luckily my mother in law was outside and told her to atleast call me. Now I dont care how much somebody charges but that is way steep for 2 bath repipes in our area, secondly he must have brought a water bottle down with him because there was no places to get water from in the crawl. Ive seen some pretty low things but this is probaly one of the worst.
    Mike
    Clark County Plumbing And Drain
    www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Re: Shady Plumbers

Give a call to the Plumbing Board maybe?

Comment

That's Soo sad ! That Dicque Should be castrated !!!

Makes us Legit Guys look Bad !!!

Dave

Comment

That lady should call him back and say that she is ready to sign the contract and when he comes out with it, you should meet him and ask to see the problem. It would be great to have a hidden video camera to tape his reaction.
        When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

Con-artists. Unfortunately they are in our trade. I have seen them too.
          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

They are out there. I busted one on a main line rod. The home owner contacted me about repairing their sewer. What I found out was he told me the problem is out 25' and they wanted to dig from there and replace all the pipe all the way back into the house up to the stack. Now the thing that really tipped me off was the clean out on the stack. After the supposedly rodded the main and televised it, the put a expansion plug on with duct tape. They told the home owner the clean out tee on the stack had to be replaced as well due to the fact no one makes 3" plugs anymore. I told him let me come there and rod the line if I feel there is trouble i will put a camera in it while he watches every move. Well my rod went right by the 25' spot with ease. There where roots out at 80' but I cleared them with my spartan 1065 with no issues. Also put a 3" plug back on for him.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by DSurette View Post
              That lady should call him back and say that she is ready to sign the contract and when he comes out with it, you should meet him and ask to see the problem. It would be great to have a hidden video camera to tape his reaction.
              She should call State Consumer Affairs office and let them in on it so they can set a proper sting up for him and gather the information they need to take his license (if he has one) away for good. If they don't want in them call the State Police and get them involved.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

it's not only the plumbing trade, it's all trades that don't have proper licensing.

sure it can happen with at a doctors office, but not as common as a trade person out for sales and commissions.

years ago my uncle personally saw a plumber drilling a hole in the neighbors water heater.

he knocked on his neighbors door and informed them about it. neighbor got a free water heater and install.

i've busted many guys who use stock footage with camera inspections.

funny how they always claim they gave them the wrong tape

amazing as the tape is given to them immediately after the inspection

unfortunately there are bad apples in any profession. it's just we hear about it all the time from new customers.

homeowners need to take a stance and pursue legal action and start a complaint with their licensing board.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

They also need to make sure they are hiring a licensed professional. Lots of the guys I hear complaints about are not even licensed plumbers. Just handy men.
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by haycad View Post
                    So friday I got a call from my inlaws neighbor. elderly lady who lives alone when she called she said she had a leak under the house, so when i was asking my usual questions she wasnt coming forward with to much info. she finally told me she had another plumbing company out doing there "anual water heater inspection" and when he came out from under the house he was soaking wet. I asked why he was under the house she still really wouldnt tell me anything. so when i got there i was expecting to get all wet and still wasnt sure what i was looking for? so i climb under the house it was bone dry from one side to the other, meter not moving, dust on the plastic and no visible signs of dried up puddles on the plastic. when i crawled out the owners son was there and i told him i could not find anything. turns out the other company on there water heater inspection told her he needed to go under the house and when he came he was soaking wet and told her all her pipes were shot and she needed a complete $8000 repipe. she was going to sign the contract with them but luckily my mother in law was outside and told her to atleast call me. Now I dont care how much somebody charges but that is way steep for 2 bath repipes in our area, secondly he must have brought a water bottle down with him because there was no places to get water from in the crawl. Ive seen some pretty low things but this is probaly one of the worst.
                    This Guy needs a a visit! " HERE'S JOHNNEY"
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Cant belive that, its just totally rediculous dont see how a person could do that poor woman was so lucky she called you before she signed it. definatly report it to someone duna how that dude can sleep at night someone needs to burst the bubble hese in.
                      London Plumbing - 24 Hour London Plumbing Services

Comment

You know, I've been at it for 20 years and I've never lied to get work. And "knock on wood", I can't remember being any thing but busy. This guy needs to be made an example of. I like the hidden camera sting operation idea. If you are going to use decietful, predatory sales tactics especially on a senior citizen you deserve to get publically spanked and sent home crying to mama.
                        I wish my lawn was Emo so it would cut itself.

Comment

The media would be another avenue you could bring his pracitces out with. Most news stations run consumer protection stories and have the resources to persue it. Then you come out as the hero and get free advertising to boot!
                          www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by haycad View Post
                            Story,
                            I used to work for a company that put in tub surronds and tub liners. I had grattiude for the work so as small issues came up, i didn't say anything. But there was a job that was sold to a elderly couple in their 80's and my heart said the salesman took advantage of them.they bought a walk in dek mount tub and a faucet that would not fit on the deck. I showed up to install the faucet and couldnt believe what I saw.
                            Way too much product for what was needed. but worst of all was the tub gasket was not installed next to the wall but thrown away instead. ( thiss can allow mold grouth along wall below tub and also rot out the floor.) I as the licensed plumber put my foot down and said that it wasn't right and got Fired. The customer asked why and called the Inspecter. Well the inspecter was there and I actually showed him the Code paragraph and he said to me that I wasn't licensed so it wasnt my problem. Well I showed him my card and the ##&&%% still said that I wasnt licensed because I did not have a bond. Well in this state the company that I work for must pull the Bond and they didn't have one. so the customer got screwed All the inspector did was charge double for a plumbing permit that the company should not have been allowed to get !!!!! And I was out of a job for doing my job.

Comment

Working...
                            X