Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Unfair working Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Unfair working

    Just out of curiosity what would you all do? Ive been working for this gentlemen for about 2 years now. About 8 months ago he hired on one of his old buddies who use to work for him. For about the past 3 months its gotten to be unbearable. He sits on the cell phone talking to everyone lately instead of working and the other week he took a 4 hour nap on the clock. Plus probably the part that pisses me off the most is hes taking credit for all the work i do. Oh and almost forgot to mention since hes started working with me hes abused the hell out of my tools. They are mine and not the company s. I just don't know what to do due to the fact hes the bosses buddy. What you all think?

  • #2
    Re: Unfair working

    Look for another job.

    You can talk to your boss and tell him whats going on but in general guys who hire their lazy friends tend to stand by them no matter how lazy the actually are.

    If you are going to confront him make sure you say everything you need to. If he doesn't like it he can fire you and you'll have little trouble collecting. If you drag it out and he decides he's going to fire you he will have time to justify a termination.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Unfair working

      Originally posted by mtburdick View Post
      Just out of curiosity what would you all do? Ive been working for this gentlemen for about 2 years now. About 8 months ago he hired on one of his old buddies who use to work for him. For about the past 3 months its gotten to be unbearable. He sits on the cell phone talking to everyone lately instead of working and the other week he took a 4 hour nap on the clock. Plus probably the part that pisses me off the most is hes taking credit for all the work i do. Oh and almost forgot to mention since hes started working with me hes abused the hell out of my tools. They are mine and not the company s. I just don't know what to do due to the fact hes the bosses buddy. What you all think?

      You got to speak up and throw him under the bus. Doesn't matter if it's the boss' brother.

      J.C.
      Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 06-03-2009, 11:11 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Unfair working

        Originally posted by boytyperanma View Post
        look for another job.

        You can talk to your boss and tell him whats going on but in general guys who hire their lazy friends tend to stand by them no matter how lazy the actually are.

        If you are going to confront him make sure you say everything you need to. If he doesn't like it he can fire you and you'll have little trouble collecting. If you drag it out and he decides he's going to fire you he will have time to justify a termination.
        +1

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Unfair working

          I was in the same situation, only it was my boss's son sleeping and screwing around on the job. Luckly my boss has a partner so I went to him. After I told him what was going on he started showing up on jobs unexpectedly, and started asking other employee's and contractor's what was going on. A little while later the owner's son no longer work's for us. The son and owner's talked about it and decided that plumbing wasn't for him. I have been with this company for 10 year's and I am still friends with the son so everything worked out pretty good, I guess I'm lucky to have good people to work for. So I think you should definatly say something to your boss.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Unfair working

            Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            Whoop his azz.

            You got to speak up and throw him under the bus. Doesn't matter if it's the boss' brother.

            J.C.
            +1.....and then look for a new job because snitches get stiches.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Unfair working

              Line up a new job, then go in and tell the boss why you are leaving.... today!

              Lay the blame squarely where it belongs, on his and his buddy shoulders, they are both to blame.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Unfair working

                look for another job..

                Comment

                Working...
                X