I am an idiot!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I am an idiot!

Just be hones and tell him you mis understood. if you avoid his calls he keep calling and you may put him in a pinch to where you have to go out and bail him out.
    Mike
    Clark County Plumbing And Drain
    www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

No word yet?
      Looks like he went with someone else.
      Your in the clear.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
        I've only replaced 1 Rinnai heat exchanger and, yes, Rinnai will ship directly to customer for warranty replacements

Start to finish about 2 hours not including the 20 minutes bandaging up the cuts on my knuckles

If I had to do it again it should take less than 1 hour each

Whatever you do DON'T follow the instructions on page 28

Your travel time is the killer
        I did one a few months ago. very time consuming. Little piles of screws lined up to remember what goes where. I can't remember page 28?

Comment

Just took Rinnia's full tear down and replace.Awesome class,very good instructor.Lots of information pertaining to upkeep,troubleshooting,code diagnosis.Leaves a guy very confident in full service of the system.

Comment

Originally posted by lmpg View Post
            I did one a few months ago. very time consuming. Little piles of screws lined up to remember what goes where. I can't remember page 28?
            The owner left the instructions at his office so his assistant had to fax me a copy to jobsite. Pages came through at random. Numberous page jams and illegible text. A real nightmare. I should have walked out but I love a good brain challenge.

Page 28 had me reassemble a part that should have been on page 13.

Page 1 should read:
            Gobble 3 Excedrin with a beer chaser

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys. I manned up and call the guy this morning. I told him what I would do the job for, for real this time. He was not mad, just glad I was honest with him. Rinnai told him to call me and he did'nt know that I was out my service radius (25 miles) he is alot further than that. He talked like he may still call me back if they decide to replaced the exchangers and not the units.

Comment

"Hello, this is Tim."

"Hey, Tim, I got those coils!"

"Kuhl! I've got time to put them in, too. Let's see, I quoted you $300 for the job? By the way, did I mention that there's a $120 per hour travel charge? Well, you don't expect me to shut down my business for four hours, do you?"

"But you said you could do it for $300!"

"Of course I can. But you neglected to tell me how far away you were before I made the quote. I'm more than willing to stick by my original quote. Tell you what . . . if you bring the heaters here, I'll put the new coils in for $300 just like I promised. I'll even recycle the old ones for you, no extra charge."

"Why you . . ! I'm gonna call the state board and have your license removed!"

"Swell. While you're at it, why not call the courthouse and have my citizenship revoked."

"Hey! Who do you think you're talking to?"

"Hell, Buford, I already talked to your mama. She was really proud yesterday when you quit wearing short pants."

Comment

Originally posted by plumbertim1975 View Post
                  I had a guy call me Friday. I was just finishing up a job. He asked me if the heat exchanger on a Rinnai tankless could be replaced. I told him every part on the unit can be replaced if needed. Anyway he saked if I could replace two of them for $300.00. I said yea sure. I would have a two hour drive both ways. He caught me off guard, I wish I would have told him no now. He said he would call when he gets the heat exchangers. How do I or can I get out of this without being an a**?
                  Call him back and be honest,Before he calls you to come do the job

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesota Master View Post
                    Call him back and be honest,Before he calls you to come do the job
                    Read what I wrote at the top of this page

Comment

Working...
                    X