X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am an idiot!

I had a guy call me Friday. I was just finishing up a job. He asked me if the heat exchanger on a Rinnai tankless could be replaced. I told him every part on the unit can be replaced if needed. Anyway he saked if I could replace two of them for $300.00. I said yea sure. I would have a two hour drive both ways. He caught me off guard, I wish I would have told him no now. He said he would call when he gets the heat exchangers. How do I or can I get out of this without being an a**?

Re: I am an idiot!

$300.00 a piece.

Nah, gotta' stick to your word no matter what.

J.C.

Comment

300.00 for both

Comment

Originally posted by plumbertim1975 View Post
        300.00 for both

Maybe you can get very sick or hurt only not for real. You can't work for a month.

Comment

just call him and tell him you made a mistake. hes going to go buy parts thinking one thing when its actualy another. so hell be spendong his money now too before he knows the facts.

Comment

I had a guy call me Friday. I was just finishing up a job. He asked me if the heat exchanger on a Rinnai tankless could be replaced. I told him every part on the unit can be replaced if needed. Anyway he saked if I could replace two of them for $300.00. I said yea sure. I would have a two hour drive both ways. He caught me off guard, I wish I would have told him no now. He said he would call when he gets the heat exchangers. How do I or can I get out of this without being an a**?

How is he even getting the parts? Rinnai is just handing over heat exchangers ?? 300 each, yeah, plus parts, tell him you missunderstood.

No warranty on his parts, and again, HOW IS HE GETTING THE PARTS??
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

I don't know how he is getting the parts. I thought you had to be dealer or ASP to get parts.

Comment

"He said he would call when he gets the heat exchangers."

Id call him and make sure he understands the real price before he does this.

Comment

what are the chances of me ever hereing from this guy again? If I just avoid him that is. He is another state.

Comment

Call and tell him you made an error. Give him the correct price....then tell him you do not expect him to have you do the job because you goofed. He wont call you a crook, because you have not done the job, and now want more money. You may be suprised...he may still hire you.

To error is human, to screw yourself is STUPID.

Comment

I am with NorthernIllinois Plumber, hands down just be honest

Comment

I have misquoted people over the phone then to later realize my mistake. I just called them and explained. It is better to be honest than screw yourself.
                        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                          How is he even getting the parts? Rinnai is just handing over heat exchangers ?? 300 each, yeah, plus parts, tell him you missunderstood.

No warranty on his parts, and again, HOW IS HE GETTING THE PARTS??
                          Just like Noritz does sends parts directly to the customer

wookie

Comment

i can understand if it was an all day job that really pays, but you have 4 hours of driving, gas and havn't even touched the heaters yet

time to call and appoligize for the misunderstanding

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

I've only replaced 1 Rinnai heat exchanger and, yes, Rinnai will ship directly to customer for warranty replacements

Start to finish about 2 hours not including the 20 minutes bandaging up the cuts on my knuckles

If I had to do it again it should take less than 1 hour each

Whatever you do DON'T follow the instructions on page 28

Your travel time is the killer

Comment

Working...
                              X