Just when i thought i've seen it all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just when i thought i've seen it all

At first, I thought it was what looks like a very small washer in the slot where the sink mounts to the wall. Unless it's just my eyes, that could be a serious problem when somebody leans on the basin. I usually use rubber washers behind a fender-type washer, and I prefer to use a screw in the wall with a thread sticking out, then put a nut on it.

But now I have to wonder how that guy managed to screw up the install like that. With everything all looped around under there, it's really hard to tell what's going on. I would usually hook up pedestals with solid tubes for looks. It was probably some precocious kid who did the install.

Comment

Well when your done having your fun, let us (me) non plumber know what's wrong. Or maybe your just keeping an idiot in suspense!
      www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
        Well when your done having your fun, let us (me) non plumber know what's wrong. Or maybe your just keeping an idiot in suspense!
        others have already mentioned it

basically the water inlet from the angle stops on the wall are designed to connect to the valve body at the bottom.

they connected them to the valve body on the side which is the outlet side.

the ceramic stem can still work, but if the o-ring packing ever goes bad, the valve will leak around the handles when their still off.

it's amazing that the installer doesn't know right from wrong, can't read directions and i don't think anyone here has ever seen this screw up before

what's really amazing is what the rest of the plumbing will look like behind the walls and under the floors

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          others have already mentioned it

basically the water inlet from the angle stops on the wall are designed to connect to the valve body at the bottom.

they connected them to the valve body on the side which is the outlet side.

the ceramic stem can still work, but if the o-ring packing ever goes bad, the valve will leak around the handles when their still off.

it's amazing that the installer doesn't know right from wrong, can't read directions and i don't think anyone here has ever seen this screw up before

what's really amazing is what the rest of the plumbing will look like behind the walls and under the floors

rick.

I had seen this done on a Newport widespread years ago, silly people. Really silly mistake, its way harder to do it that way then the right way

I am working on an 8 month old house in Cheviot Hills, doing multiple things to repair what the plumber did, Had to install 3 pumps yesterday because the 4 bathrooms and kitchen are not on a return loop and every 1 is at a dead leg, may need another pump Its taking 7-8 minutes to get hot water to the kitchen sink, went intot he attic, he ran mostly 11/4 water lines everywhere. Has nothing to do with water pressure either, theres a regulator on the incomming. WHO WOULD BUILD A LARGE HOUSE WITHOUT A RETURN LINE?? anyways,

customer said, since your here, I have had very bad water pressure since I moved in, well come to find out, not only did the installer kink 1 flex line, he kinked 2 and didnt realize it. He only needed a longer water flex.

I have a feeling she is going to be a great customer
          sigpic

Robert

Comment

Some pumps (Grundfos, Laing, etc.) are supposed to work with only one pump and multiple bypass valves that work with their system. Depending on what type of recirc you want to do, it could be accomplished with one pump.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
            X