NAPHCC Apprentiship Training

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAPHCC Apprentiship Training

Does anyone have personal experience with this program? How would you rate it? I've had people ask me, but I'm only know what is posted on their website.

the dog
    the dog

Sorry dog10,

No experience with their program. They have an interesting newsletter once aand awhile but thats about it.
    Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

It is a good program but I believe the employer must be a member of the local PHCC for the employee to attend. There is a four year program and each year they have contests set up at the PHCC trade shows for the apprentices. The winner of the local shows, go on to the National Finals at the National PHCC trade show.

I had two former employees who were involved with the program. One was the president of the GLAA-PHCC education program and the other taught the first year program. I also have a friend who taught the apprenticeship program at Long Beach College and he said the graduates from PHCC were better trained.

All that being said I think the new Las Vegas Plumber’s Local has got about the best facility I have ever seen for training Plumbing & Mechanical students. If you ever get to Las Vegas see if they will give you the ten cent tour.

Mark

[ 08-06-2005, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: ToUtahNow ]
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I got a flyer on the PHCC school while I was in Vegas today.They are currently taking registration and school starts soon. Members are $1,800 per year and non members are $2,800 per year. Backflow is an additional $700.

If I was going to do backflow I would do it through USC.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
        X