X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Guacamole Paid dues Again LOL

Well today was fun ! Left my favorite "Copper Box"at my other Shop 15 Miles away Sooo Had to "Improvise" Which Meant Sweating in a Replacement Shower Valve With A 30 Year old Roll of "95/5" Pot of old Nokrode , Fittings Black as the inside of a COW ! and a 6" Strip of Used sand Cloth ...I forgot How much heat That takes ... Nursing a Little Burn Also :-(

This is what you Make a Job applicant Do that you DO NOT want to hire LOL ...

Guess I am Spoiled By the "good Stuff" ...Dave
    Last edited by NoeEttica; 06-16-2009, 10:36 PM.

Re: Holy Guacamole Paid dues Again LOL

95/5 sucks but nokorode is the best

it hasn't been legal to use nokorode for about 20 years out here

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I feel ya. I have said before that anybody can plumb if you have the proper tools, fittings and consumables. What separates the men from the boys is doing proper plumbing without the above. I had to rotate a RPZ today. It was installed by plant mechanics using pro-press. Unfortunately, they put it in upside down. I was able to get it done by cutting a lock off a cabinet in an abandoned boiler room. Jackpot! Probably 2-3000 dollars in copper fittings. I can't take all the credit, Mr. Boltcutter did most of the work. Sometimes creative can be knowing where to look.
      Last edited by Bogart; 06-17-2009, 09:56 AM. Reason: wrong word at the end, totally changing the meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        95/5 sucks but nokorode is the best

it hasn't been legal to use nokorode for about 20 years out here

rick.
        Why is it sold at supply houses then? Or is it just LA it's illegal?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          Why is it sold at supply houses then? Or is it just LA it's illegal?
          welcome to california ben

just think come jan. 1st. 2010, most brass used for potable water will be illegal due to lead. this includes faucets, fittings, anything that has the potential that you'll be drinking from.

the nokorode i use to love has been illegal for close to 20 years.

unless it's water soluble, you can't use it for any potable water applications.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

"just think come jan. 1st. 2010, most brass used for potable water will be illegal due to lead. this includes faucets, fittings, anything that has the potential that you'll be drinking from." (don't know how to do the "quote" thing yet, I'm still new to this)

I thought most valves were made out of brass, can you not use those after jan. 1st?...or are they bronze?

Comment

Oh, just found out how to quote...that's easier than I thought...I'm only 19, you'd think I'd be good with computers, but nope.

Comment

Originally posted by poolcleaneress View Post
                Oh, just found out how to quote...that's easier than I thought...I'm only 19, you'd think I'd be good with computers, but nope.
                Thanks to Obama's new plumbing Zar , all faucets and shower valves will be Rubbermaid in 2010
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  welcome to california ben

just think come jan. 1st. 2010, most brass used for potable water will be illegal due to lead. this includes faucets, fittings, anything that has the potential that you'll be drinking from.

the nokorode i use to love has been illegal for close to 20 years.

unless it's water soluble, you can't use it for any potable water applications.

rick.
                  still didn't answer the question.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Nokorode has different formulations now that allow us to use it.

Comment

Working...
                    X