Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
A little mistake, or was it ?????? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A little mistake, or was it ??????

    Cleaning 3/4" copper fittings today on a project. You know the drill. I have a number of twisted wire cleaning brushes , i cut the handles off. I inserted a 3/4" one in My drill chuck.
    It was not quite centered in the drill chuck jaws. when I cleaned an ell it wobbled/
    Wow, what a difference! ABOUT A 50% improvement! I'll never put one in straight again.
    Please give it a try and let Me know what You think. Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

  • #2
    Re: A little mistake, or was it ??????

    You did not break your elbow trying to hold the drill...

    I wobble the fitting for the same effect without the drill bounce...

    okie

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: A little mistake, or was it ??????

      Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
      You did not break your elbow trying to hold the drill...

      I wobble the fitting for the same effect without the drill bounce...

      okie
      Give it a try!
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: A little mistake, or was it ??????

        I actually stopped buying 3/4" turn brushes about 15 years ago.

        I use sandcloth for everything, does the same job.


        I do use a 1/2" turn brush because it hurts my fingers to try it on 1/2" hubs.


        I have yet to ever find a turn brush that wasn't intentionally made to wear out so fast.

        The cheapest I've found is $1.73 for 1/2".
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: A little mistake, or was it ??????

          I keep a 1-1/4" brush with the wire handle cut off for Sloan valves with a drill. Dresses 'em up nicely.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: A little mistake, or was it ??????

            Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
            I actually stopped buying 3/4" turn brushes about 15 years ago.

            I use sandcloth for everything, does the same job.


            I do use a 1/2" turn brush because it hurts my fingers to try it on 1/2" hubs.


            I have yet to ever find a turn brush that wasn't intentionally made to wear out so fast.

            The cheapest I've found is $1.73 for 1/2".
            This brings worn ones back to great service
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: A little mistake, or was it ??????

              Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              This brings worn ones back to great service
              I can see that working real good then.


              Glad to hear you're still working with the "good" stuff.
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: A little mistake, or was it ??????

                I use the Next Size Up :-) 3/4 on 1/2 etc ... 'Cept my last Job ... See my Post on that one ...

                Dave

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: A little mistake, or was it ??????

                  Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                  I can see that working real good then.


                  Glad to hear you're still working with the "good" stuff.
                  Thanks,copper is good! Always type L and REAMED! M is for domestic heat only.
                  Sorry children,I was taught better
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: A little mistake, or was it ??????

                    you can also spin the fitting brush backwards to get a little more life out of them in a pinch.

                    Vince

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: A little mistake, or was it ??????

                      thowing it into reverse also brings the brush back to life...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: A little mistake, or was it ??????

                        Thanks Tool,I'll be giving it a try on the next large quantity fitting run.Not a lot of big count right now.Catch me's drift?
                        Out of convienience I have been using the course loose wind brushes sold at Ferguson's.I think I can get through a hundred sockets,give or take.The Home Depot had some finer,tighter wind that would hold maybe twice as long but weren't worth the money.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X