X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: stinky shower

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
    Back down right there Pal.
    You have not even applied for MEME status,much less approved.
    I got tired of typing MicroExplorer. So lazy man.

J.C.

Comment

Not to be too picky but I believe it is an mE.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Your right. Even though the people in marketing made an incorrect decision to spell the first word in lower case letters in an attempt to create some word association.

Should be capital and bold.

Not to get too picky.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          of course i thought of it and mentioned it to them. but if you knew how cheap they were. they barely approved my 1 hour call.

remember that the camera will not fix the issue.

i already knew it had no trap. that was obvious.

the 6'' hole showed me the leak and all the junk that was installed.

the camera would have only proved there was no trap.

so although the camera is a great tool

the mind is better

rick.
          Keep talking like that and Ridgid will revoke your secret salesman status. And I know just the person to take over when they do.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            Keep talking like that and Ridgid will revoke your secret salesman status. And I know just the person to take over when they do.
            Thanks for putting my name in the pot. I didn't think you'd do it but you did.

J.C.

Comment

remember that they didn't want to even pay for an hour call.

there is no way any camera could have showed what i saw in a 6'' hole. the vent would not have been visible without actually looking at it. plus i cut out the wet section that was not wet to the touch.

remember that this is only a piece of wet drywall. not a marble ceiling that needed to be preserved.

yes i offered them the camera. but they wouldn't get a video or dvd for free. this way they all see it and will not ignore the dripping into their office tub.

remember who hired the contractor in the first place

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                remember that they didn't want to even pay for an hour call.

there is no way any camera could have showed what i saw in a 6'' hole. the vent would not have been visible without actually looking at it. plus i cut out the wet section that was not wet to the touch.

remember that this is only a piece of wet drywall. not a marble ceiling that needed to be preserved.

yes i offered them the camera. but they wouldn't get a video or dvd for free. this way they all see it and will not ignore the dripping into their office tub.

remember who hired the contractor in the first place

rick.
                Okee Dokee
                But for the record this won't take anything away from the fact that you are one of the most gifted plumbers I know.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                  okee dokee
                  But for the record this won't take anything away from the fact that you are one of the most notorious plumbers i know.
                  Now his head will swell!
                  info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by papadan View Post
                    Now his head will swell!
                    too late

didn't you see my haircut photo

Attached Files
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick approached this job in the right way. End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberdave View Post
                        So we can't post anything else in this thread?
                        (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

nobody asked me what i thought. to bad. i like the idea of cutting the hole. i'm guilty of that. hopefully it will get fixed, now. it's hard for the customer to deny knowledge of problem. if you camera it for free (ouch! ouch! ouch!) they will not fix it. they may not fix it anyway. who knows where the contractors at, but if i did work like that i be in italy, too. what does the rest of the plumbing look like? lol. breid

Comment

Originally posted by plumberdave View Post
                            You've got to be kidding.

Please expound.

I prefer a hole the size of a dime thank you.

Comment

they must of liked the service, cause i got the check 3 days later

in this case the 6'' hole was the right decision.

i'm the last to cut a hole is a clean wall or ceiling.

but this was a job that required immediate attention as the new renters are paying close to 5k a month and their bathroom smells like a yesterdays breakfast

the hole is in the bathroom ceiling of the landlords main office. this is not a unit they live in, but run their operation from.

no one in the office including the owner had any issue with a 6'' hole. the only issue was going over the first hour.

so yes, under normal circumstances i don't cut holes but in this instance cutting the hole was definitely the correct choice

i was able to find a leak, spot all the problems and get them on the ball after 5 years of ignoring the original issue.

rick.

p.s. not only will the bathroom ceiling need to be removed, but some of the shower pan will to to get to the leaking instant set drain. a 6'' hole in the drywall ceiling is peanuts compared to what will need to be done to get it partially right.
                              Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 06-22-2009, 10:46 PM.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

The hole will be much bigger by the time it is all fixed anyway!

Comment

Working...
                                X