Macerating toilet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macerating toilet

Anybody ever installed one of these type toilets? I looked at a job today that the home owner wants to add 2 bathrooms in their unfinished attic. There is not a 3 inch stack to connect to on that side of the house. There is one close enough for the other bathroom tho. Stairs will seperate the bathrooms. I thought the macerating toilet would be the way to go in this situation. Give me some opinions or tips on these toilets.

Re: Macerating toilet

I have installed one and serviced countless others. I hate them. They are ugly, both to look at and to work on. Parts when you need to do a repair are never stocked at the wholesale so expect to have to wait for any parts. Did I mention that I hate them?
    They do work fairly well though and the customer will probably happy to have the extra toilet. Ugly though.

Comment

i would be a little nervous with that thing if i was still seated

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by plumbertim1975 View Post
        Anybody ever installed one of these type toilets? I looked at a job today that the home owner wants to add 2 bathrooms in their unfinished attic. There is not a 3 inch stack to connect to on that side of the house. There is one close enough for the other bathroom tho. Stairs will seperate the bathrooms. I thought the macerating toilet would be the way to go in this situation. Give me some opinions or tips on these toilets.
        I've installed 2 the kind that have the macerator behind the toilet. I can't think of the name It has a rubber boot from the back of the toilet to the grinder. They were easy to install and worked good so far! Lets hope it stays that way.

Comment

These Poo cookers are what I most fear.

http://www.envirolet.com/enmulsys1011.html

J.C.

Comment

Working...
          X