Galvanized repair couplings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Galvanized repair couplings

I see dresser couplings all over they have been used for years. They were being used when real men plumbed not us kids that use plastic pipe. They work. Both ends have to be anchored. it says so on the instructions. These things have a long track record

Comment

Thanks guys for all the ideas in the end i changed the whole pipe fitting to fitting with copper. Went pretty easy after i applied heat to the fittings
      You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

Did you use a 6" brass nipple on both sides to prevent corrosion?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          Did you use a 6" brass nipple on both sides to prevent corrosion?
          Yea it was 5" to be exact I always install with out the union they leak 2 out of every 10 times. The funny thing down here in S Florida most buildings over 40 years old have galvanied pipe and all come out of wall with cooper with no protection and they lasted that long.
          Last edited by PlumbingParamedics; 06-20-2009, 10:36 PM.
          You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

My great grandmothers farm house is over a hundred years old, But I have no idea when the plumbing was installed. all the of the stub outs are copper threaded into galvanized piping. the strange part is their is no evidence of Exterior corrosion. I also have no idea what the inside of the pipe looks like that near those joints.

Originally posted by PlumbingParamedics View Post
            Yea it was 5" to be exact I always install with out the union they leak 2 out of every 10 times. The funny thing down here in S Florida most buildings over 40 years old have galvanized pipe and all come out of wall with cooper with no protection and they lasted that long.
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Working...
            X