Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

S.F. row houses 3 ft. one side 1 1/2" on other

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: S.F. row houses 3 ft. one side 1 1/2" on other

    Sure, DH.
    Steam generators come equipped with drains so their tanks can be occasionally purged. Otherwise, the water in them becomes increasingly mineralized as the water turns to steam and leaves it's minerals behind, concentrating them over time and thus causing problems due to the mineral buildup. You can choose to cap the drain (not a good idea), put a valve on it and run it to an approved location, or install an auto drain, available from the manufacturer of the steam generator, and pipe it in a similar fashion to a manual drain. The auto drain is basicaslly a selenoid valve set to open once the tank has cooled to room temp after each use so you'lol have fresh water for each use and no minerial buildup.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: S.F. row houses 3 ft. one side 1 1/2" on other

      Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
      Sure, DH.
      Steam generators come equipped with drains so their tanks can be occasionally purged. Otherwise, the water in them becomes increasingly mineralized as the water turns to steam and leaves it's minerals behind, concentrating them over time and thus causing problems due to the mineral buildup. You can choose to cap the drain (not a good idea), put a valve on it and run it to an approved location, or install an auto drain, available from the manufacturer of the steam generator, and pipe it in a similar fashion to a manual drain. The auto drain is basicaslly a selenoid valve set to open once the tank has cooled to room temp after each use so you'lol have fresh water for each use and no minerial buildup.
      Sorry,
      I know of the auto flush option on units.Have to look into auto drain.
      Thanks Scott

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: S.F. row houses 3 ft. one side 1 1/2" on other

        Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        Sorry,
        I know of the auto flush option on units.Have to look into auto drain.
        Thanks Scott
        Same thing , Adam. The only thing that confused you was my terminology.

        I'd still like to know what Tool's done with his unit's drain, now that I've described what I meant when I referred to it.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: S.F. row houses 3 ft. one side 1 1/2" on other

          Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
          Same thing , Adam. The only thing that confused you was my terminology.

          I'd still like to know what Tool's done with his unit's drain, now that I've described what I meant when I referred to it.
          Some don't have the flush.Or am I behind the times and now they all do?
          Years ago all I was doing besides the steam line was running the T+P to the exterior.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: S.F. row houses 3 ft. one side 1 1/2" on other

            Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
            Some don't have the flush.Or am I behind the times and now they all do?
            Years ago all I was doing besides the steam line was running the T+P to the exterior.
            The auto flush is an option offered by all the manufacturers. Now they're coming out with cordless remotes and Ipods. One option I'd like to see is for them to offer a few of those buxom models you see in their glossy adds.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: S.F. row houses 3 ft. one side 1 1/2" on other

              Good Question will check this Mon.
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: S.F. row houses 3 ft. one side 1 1/2" on other

                Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                Good Question will check this Mon.
                Thank you for your rare quality of Honesty Tool.

                Most people I know Will try and force feed Bull.
                Really lowers their credibility.
                Kindof childlike.

                Good job Oldschool

                Adam

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: S.F. row houses 3 ft. one side 1 1/2" on other

                  Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                  Thank you for your rare quality of Honesty Tool.

                  Most people I know Will try and force feed Bull
                  .
                  Really lowers their credibility.
                  Kindof childlike.

                  Good job Oldschool

                  Adam
                  Yep. Especially on warranty questions.

                  J.C.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: S.F. row houses 3 ft. one side 1 1/2" on other

                    Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    Yep. Especially on warranty questions.

                    J.C.
                    _________________

                    That's good.
                    It's almost like Gear Junkie set me up on that one.No more telephone Roll Playing for me.
                    Although Ben did teach me something,couldn't see it till I calmed down.

                    P.S.
                    I still can't get the hole patch texture right.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: S.F. row houses 3 ft. one side 1 1/2" on other

                      Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                      Not to confuse the issue, but is the unit you're installing equipped with an auto drain?
                      Yes it is an auto drain on this model
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: S.F. row houses 3 ft. one side 1 1/2" on other

                        piped to the pan..?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: S.F. row houses 3 ft. one side 1 1/2" on other

                          I'll write down the model info tonight. It has It's own S.S. pan with outlet
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: S.F. row houses 3 ft. one side 1 1/2" on other

                            Originally posted by plumbworker View Post
                            piped to the pan..?
                            I hope not. Pans aren't designed to take water on a regular basis. It may be piped to "an approved type of open receptor." CPC 807.1 What passes for "an approved open receptor" is open to interpretation by the authority having jurisdiction. Ask Dan, if you have the courage.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: S.F. row houses 3 ft. one side 1 1/2" on other

                              thanks i do know this.. i was just wondering where he piped it to..?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: S.F. row houses 3 ft. one side 1 1/2" on other

                                Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                                I hope not. Pans aren't designed to take water on a regular basis. It may be piped to "an approved type of open receptor." CPC 807.1 What passes for "an approved open receptor" is open to interpretation by the authority having jurisdiction. Ask Dan, if you have the courage.
                                The t+p dump into it's own S.S. pan then plumb out like a smitty pan. The unit is top shelf ,and expensive .Thermo Sol.Pro Series. Take a look on line at the Quality. I can't imagine second Guessing their pan,or design. Inspector signed it off, No question. Thank's Tool
                                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X