X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.F. row houses 3 ft. one side 1 1/2" on other

On some of these old homes there is about a 1 1/2" separation between the siding on each home . Is it code to run out a 3/4" copper blow off with 90 turned down [ T.+P.] from a shower steam generator?
    Did this last week . Inspection this week. thanks tool P.S. Micro sea snake came in handy
    for this. Passed My rough insp. yesterday [ a big one for Me ] No mention of the drain pan exiting into 1 1/2" space
    Last edited by toolaholic; 07-03-2009, 10:17 AM.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: S.F. row houses 3 ft. one side 1 1/2" on other

I don't recall any set back requirements on a T&P line.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

thanks Mark, I'll report back after inspection
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

tool, keep in mind that the discharge height has to be between 6'' and 24''' from the ground.

the 6'' was designed to keep the dirt and debris, bugs from plugging them.
        the 24'' was to keep people, kids from getting under them.

look at the bright side.
        you can paint both houses at once with a roller

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

should be fine kevin... i've seen less than 3/4" between prop. lines crazy stuff. i had an apprentice who was demoing some old galvy sawzalled though siding cut into the neighbors home.
          Last edited by plumbworker; 06-22-2009, 07:13 PM.

Comment

thanks Guys. Its on the 1st floor and 8" off the dirt. If insp. balks, there is a new area drain 10 ft.away in garage slab. The unit is in the garage storage closet up about 6ft.

Comment

Just curious, Tool. Where did you terminate the drain line, or did you just leave it capped?

Comment

It would be crazy to cap a T.P. It runs out the siding with a 90 towards the ground. Approx. 8" off the ground

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  It would be crazy to cap a T.P. It runs out the siding with a 90 towards the ground. Approx. 8" off the ground
                  Not the relief valve, the tank drain.

Comment

Yes the drain pan is what's plumbed. Thought You were having some fun

Comment

Passed rough Insp. yesterday [ Big one for this slow old Man] No comment on discharge!
                      Thanks

Comment

ok i'll bite. how do you build a house 1 1/2" apart? i can remember doing houses with 0 set back. we built the walls on the deck and raised them 2 stores at a time. these weren't balloon framed but panelized, sided, trimmed and painted also. then set with crane. neighbors weren't friends. do they have windows on 1 1/2" side? how did you get the ell on? just cut a hole big enough to get the whole thing through? to be honest i'm a rural hick.i've never seen this. i'm trying to visual this. what is the logic here? i'm not pickin here, i'm curious. thank you. breid

Comment

My new house building was in Mass. This home was built in 1936. I soldered a 90 on a straight section slightly oversize hole did it. No windows in either house walls that are this close.

Comment

Not to confuse the issue, but is the unit you're installing equipped with an auto drain?

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                              Not to confuse the issue, but is the unit you're installing equipped with an auto drain?
                              I'm not familiar with this terminology.
                              Could you explain?

Comment

Working...
                              X