X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I were a young man again.....

...and had to decide how to make my living, I would not try to become a scientist or scholar or teacher. I would rather choose to be a plumber or a peddler in hope to find that modest degree of independence still available under present circumstances."

Page 120 of the June 22nd issue of Forbes magazine had this quote by ... are you ready? ... Albert Einstein.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: If I were a young man again.....

I read that statement many years ago and left the field of Science.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

i dropped out of medical school

to become a sewer doctor

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I"m a medical disaster,

who's also a plumber.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Someone has that quote as there tag on here. Ive seen it before. But his best quote is
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” Albert Einstein 1954

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          ...and had to decide how to make my living, I would not try to become a scientist or scholar or teacher. I would rather choose to be a plumber or a peddler in hope to find that modest degree of independence still available under present circumstances."

Page 120 of the June 22nd issue of Forbes magazine had this quote by ... are you ready? ... Albert Einstein.
          Last edited by PlumbingParamedics; 06-23-2009, 02:04 AM.
          You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

Hey, what do you call a "c" average med student?

-A doctor

I dropped out of NASA to be a plumber.
            ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

I would still be a plumber, but I would have quit smoking in my early 20's.
              I wish my lawn was Emo so it would cut itself.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post

I'm taking the other side. Everybody seems to look at the other guy and think he has it better. You let me have Albert in the middle of summer, humidity in the 90% range, in a ditch with a shovel telling him to get his azz in gear.

Be beggin' for pencil, paper, & sliderule in less than a week.

J.C.

Comment

If I were a young man, I find a rich younger woman to support me and my hobbies.

I thought I did that, but wound up with a plumbing shop instead!

Comment

Splitting atoms has some moral baggage to it. It goes a little beyond T&M vs flat rate or to sharkbite or not to sharkbite.

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingParamedics View Post
                      Someone has that quote as there tag on here. Ive seen it before. But his best quote is
                      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” Albert Einstein 1954

I had that as part of my tagline for a year or so, maybe that's where you saw it.
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                      ---------
                      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                      ---------
                      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I remember being on a job with my father at a grade school. AS we where cleaning the sink drain in a class room, the kids where watching us with full interest. My father then says to all the kids "See Kids make sure you stay in school and graduate. Or you will end up becoming a plumber." One of the kids starts crying and said " But.. but.. my dad is a plumber.." Boy did I get a chuckle out of that.
                        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Who are we kidding we were never going to be academics we were always going to be sh*t kickers and isn`t it great at the end of the day you feel that you how accomplished something where as paper pushes haven`t.

Tony

Comment

My best line to smart arse customers is that I was going to do Law like my parents but my old man said that I would make more money being a Plumber.
                            Don't I get a laugh from that line when I use that one.
                            I have used that line twice to snotty nose house wives that live in yuppy neighbourhoods who think there sh*t doesn't stink and they ask how much an hour I charge and then say how can you possibly charge that much.
                            "Well lady I don't need to here" and I pack up and leave.
                            I figure that it will be hard to get the money out of them anyway.
                            True story.
                            Last edited by Some Day Plumbing; 06-27-2009, 03:34 AM.

Comment

i'd still become a plumber. it taught me to be humble.

the trade has also kept me in good shape. although, my sore muscles and joints are starting to remind me that i'm getting older and moving a little slower.

i tried working in a office setting once. only once. i gained 25lbs. never again.

Vince

Comment

Working...
                              X