Your wait for inspections in Your area

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your wait for inspections in Your area

Called in today [Thur] for a rough plumbing insp. In S.F. Asked for Mon. It will be Thur.
    next week. Asked " why so long" Short on inspectors, Lay offs.
    No big deal,just a surprise ,and a sign of the times.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Your wait for inspections in Your area

called the automated machine yesterday afternoon /wednesday asked for next day/ thursday.

computerized voice called my cell at 7:15 to tell me the inspector will be there between 8-12.

he shows up at 8:15

gives me the a ok and gone in 10 minutes

now beverly hills is like winning the lottery to get an inspection scheduled

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Up to 2 weeks to get an inspection scheduled (it is D.C. after all) Call between 7:00-7:30 to find out the name of inspector. If you have his private cell number, call him to get 1 hour window.

He might show up or he might not. They arn't required to notify you if they are not coming. Usually if he's not there by 2:00 he's not coming.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        called the automated machine yesterday afternoon /wednesday asked for next day/ thursday.

computerized voice called my cell at 7:15 to tell me the inspector will be there between 8-12.

he shows up at 8:15

gives me the a ok and gone in 10 minutes

now beverly hills is like winning the lottery to get an inspection scheduled

rick.
        Now that`s how we do it we talk to a bloody computer.

Tony

Comment

I've been in construction down here for 12 years and have never seen anyone check anything...scary huh?Once around Christmas time a guy wanted to see the plumbing permit that we didn't have.Left a phone # for the boss to find out how to get one(who to pay maybe?)

Comment

Only one inspector here

A cell phone call and 30 minutes later I'm done...

I always keep a couple of Hundred $ in the city pre-pay permit account to keep um happy.

Bill

Comment

Here in minnesota the plumbing code actually reads within 24 hours and if no inspector after that consider it inspected. those are busness hours though.

Comment

Working...
              X