X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad pressure

One of the guys called me up today asking how to check pressure on an incoming 3/4 copper service. While its easy enough to get a gauge hooked up
    and check static pressure,the tough part is, do you go for a residual read? Volume? He has copper in the house (Fridley MN) which is not all that new.
    I have seen build up in copper water lines before.I want to make sure if we sell him a repipe that he needs one and not a new line coming in.
    Off to get a milkshake.

Re: Bad pressure

Really..no clues?

Comment

Jay, further up North, we get the same problem, build up. It's a big problem, in fact about 1 1/2 yrs ago, I replaced all of my lines in my house. I just cut open 2 areas and knew all of my lines were bad. Sweated on some couplings until I could get around to them. But I did take a drill bit and drilled out the calcium to be able to sweat. This was my way of finding out how bad it was. I think my flow opening was around an 1/4", maybe a tad bit smaller.
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Grab a hosebib wye connector. Put a gauge on one end of the wye. Test your static pressure. Open the other end of the wye, if you get a big rop on the dynamic pressure, you have a volume problem. It's up to you to discover the cause.

Comment

Working...
        X