X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California plumbers-need help

Just moved to Cali from VA and am going for my C36 in the near future. How in depth is the test and how different is the UPC from the IPC(VA)? Was the test open or closed book? Any practicals?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: California plumbers-need help

ben, the first thing i would do is to contact the cslb./ contractors state license board and verify you're eligible for the test.

not sure if they will sign off on the hours without pay stubs?

as far as the test, my friend just took it a few weeks ago and passed. of course he's been a general contractor since 1980, so it was pretty easy for him.

the hard part is the business law section as this is not something you can just wing. you need to study and or take a study/ crash course.

the trade portion is pretty easy for being a state test. multiple choice on a computer.

i would recommend the call first. then the crash course and some studying.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I got my VA journeyman for both hvac and plumbing and missed taking my master tradesman because of being in africa. I figure to go back to va, see some friends, take the test. Get my master tradesman, then submit it to the board. Fingers crossed, let's see what happens.

I'd like to be prepared because if I am accepted, I want to get licensed right away.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Gear You will have No problem. I passed it about 5 Yrs. ago. Wouldn't give the c-36 to Me because My experience was based on My own projects. You'll be fine study max.fixture units for each pipe size and Gas pipe sizing. Had to lay out an appt. house rough.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

what is the C-36?

Comment

California plumbers need lots of help.

I heard that the new California currency is called IOU, but the peso is worth more!
            (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

C-36= Ca. plumbers License , C-10 = ELEC.
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                Just moved to Cali from VA and am going for my C36 in the near future. How in depth is the test and how different is the UPC from the IPC(VA)? Was the test open or closed book? Any practicals?
                Cockeyed retarded monkeys have been known to pass.
                They did of course show proof of purchase by providing necessary Cheerio's box tops.
                Last edited by drtyhands; 07-11-2009, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Re: California plumbers-need help IMPORTANT

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                  Cockied retarded monkeys have been known to pass.
                  They did of course show proof of purchase by providing necessary Cheerio's box tops.
                  Don't forget the mandatory $100.00 worth of Home Depot receipts!

Comment

Originally posted by Drip Trip View Post
                    California plumbers need lots of help.

I heard that the new California currency is called IOU, but the peso is worth more!
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVKMA--nt4I

Comment

Ben,

It's been 30-years since I took my C-36 but I am sure you will do fine. The main differences between the IPC and the UPC is the UPC offers more details where the IPC refers you to Standards and what not.

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

don't worry ben, if you see the others in the class taking the test, you'll be the sharpest in the room.

some will never pass. and others felt like they got cheated by not being challenged enough

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                        X