Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLUMBING FRANCHISE: Drain Rescue or Mr. Rooter

Hi Everyone,

I am a licensed plumber and I'd like to gage everyone's opinion on plumbing franchises. I am SO tired of working for other people, and nows the time to do my own thing.

Best,

MiltonPlumber
    Last edited by MiltonPlumber; 07-30-2009, 02:24 PM.

Re: PLUMBING FRANCHISE: Drain Rescue or Mr. Rooter

1 post and your dropping links ?

You're a spammer.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Plumbing franchise

I decided to go on my own.
      Last edited by MiltonPlumber; 07-30-2009, 02:26 PM.

Comment

why go with a FRANCHISE at all?

you basically need three main power tools. a main line machine, a intermediate machine and a sink machine, (of course the normal hand tools),

a camera would be nice, (you may be able to rent to start up with from a rental company),

I would think the machines would not cost much more than the franchise would,

if it is not a well know franchise, then name recognition would not help one much,

What I have read of posts of the other company stated in the first post, I have not seen much to advertise for them in a positive light,

if your licensed and experienced and I would not think that starting up on your own would be that hard, in drain cleaning, and small plumbing maintenance and repair,

If you lacking experience on drain clearing, hire on with some one that does that and learn the skill and some of the business, first.

that would be my take on it,
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Agree if you have the money for a francise why not start your own. I could not imagine paying any company for all the hard work I do. Just to use there name.
          You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

Have you looked into Ben Franklin?

If not, how come?

There is a great article in P & M MAGAZINE last month.....

Comment

with a franchise you a pay a lot for name recognition and with the internet anyone can look to see whats behind a name as you mentioned the rooter company who has a rep for high prices, regardless you still need insurance, tools truck. common sense, business sense,money sense and good timing,and the will to do what ever it takes to get and keep the business going and growing. me personally i don't do franchise and would stay away. with that said that is my offered opinion

Comment

I been seeing a lot of Kanga Rooter and Rescue Rooter in my area.
                Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                  I been seeing a lot of Kanga Rooter and Rescue Rooter in my area.
                  Oh? Kanga Rooter?

I never heard of that one yet ;-)

Man, Tons of Franchises these day

Comment

Being married to my wife is enough. No need to be married to anyone else.

Comment

Hey guys this is my first post. I did not see a place for introductions.

I worked for a Mr. Rooter franchise. I lasted three weeks. I think it was the day I watched the owner play back a video of a bad cast iron sewer when the camera was in a good sewer line and sell them a 5600. sewer job was the day I walked. I felt that they were more of a sales organization vs a plumbing company that goes and sells legit work.

They are by no means all that way but greed tends to have a snowball effect. I was not impressed with, nor was I good at high pressure sales. I think people can have a good heart and be very successful in this industry without the cheesy sales pitches and price gouging. Mr Rooter has a bad name in my neck of the woods.

I have been in the trade for 22 years. I currently own a remodeling and plumbing business and I am in transition to a strictly plumbing business. I live in lovely SW Florida and love to fish in my spare time. I really like some of the experience and post I have read and look forward to getting to know everyone.

Comment

I'll sell you a Hebert Drain Care franchise for $25,000 and 4% per month.

If you have that kind of scratch to invest, do it yourself and build your own name.

Comment

There is definately money to be made buying a franchise. You basically mortage yourself.

-How long will it take you to make back your investment?
                          -WHAT is the failure rate?
                          -Has anyone in your area ever heard of this franchise?

The failure rate is very important...check into it.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
                            There is definately money to be made buying a franchise. You basically mortage yourself.

-How long will it take you to make back your investment?
                            -WHAT is the failure rate?
                            -Has anyone in your area ever heard of this franchise?

The failure rate is very important...check into it.

True. I have a person that is part of a franchise within 3 miles of me. I leave everyday.....

and their van doesn't.

J.C.

Comment

Just wanted to comment that the big rooter companies around here have the same bad reputation for high pressure sales and high prices. In the end somebody has to pay for the franchise fees the full page adds and all that brand recognition. Personally I think it's b.s. When you think of it service plumbing sort works on the inverse principal of large corporations ( like home depot or costco, jiffy lube etc... ) With these big business the customer gets something, primarily a cheaper price or more uniform product. Thus the demise of ma and pa stores. But with service plumbing there is no benefit to the customer, price wise or product wise. I've seen my share of big name franchise hack jobs. And price wise, forget about it. I just quit a "plumbers success international" affiliated shop and our flat rate target was $200 an hour. I say save your money and do it yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X