This is nutz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is nutz

and because you have so much more experience, training, and licenses than I, you feel the need to tell me just how to take unfair advantage of my customers......

pffffffffttt

My customers expect me to be honest in my appraisal of their problems and fix them as needed, that water heater will last another 7 to 10 years more likely than not. If you have all that training then you know that most w/h will spring a leak in the first 3 years or so.

Running a business such as you describe is why there are so many programs out there encouraging H/O to do their own work, because there is no way you can trust those professionals to not take advantage of you.

And where exactally do you work??, state, area.
    sigpic
    www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
      I replaced a toilet at a restaurant once that looked like that. One of the employees had tried to put a new lid on it and used a hammer lol,. Needless to say that didn't work to well.
      See Rick,I told you Dan had tool skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Drip Trip View Post

I'm not a handyman and my training, years of experience, licenses, and attitude reflects it.
        I disagree, your displaying exactly the attitude of a handyman, as they lack the skills to troubleshoot and solve these types of problems so they push to replace...

have a nice day
        sigpic
        www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

Maybe it's out of the picture, but i see no cold water supply valve
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by U&I Plumber View Post
            C'mon Rick, look a bit harder, I was called out to this because of insufficient hot water, some bone head piped the cold supply into the relief opening and vise-versa.

The picture is facing the front of the unit.

Took me a few minutes to realize what I was looking at.
            you got me there as i wasn't looking at the orientation of the lines.

not a trick question, but why did it take so long for the customer to call and complain about hot water when the heater looks more than a week old

i've seen heaters that plumbers have swapped the dip tubes and relabel the heater. the only real difference with any port is the dip tube that's been inserted into it.

sure it would be wise to properly label the hot, cold and t&p. but honestly other than a plastic dip tube inserted, their all the same.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              you got me there as i wasn't looking at the orientation of the lines.

not a trick question, but why did it take so long for the customer to call and complain about hot water when the heater looks more than a week old

i've seen heaters that plumbers have swapped the dip tubes and relabel the heater. the only real difference with any port is the dip tube that's been inserted into it.

sure it would be wise to properly label the hot, cold and t&p. but honestly other than a plastic dip tube inserted, their all the same.

rick.
              This job was probably done by a handyman who doesn't understand the concept of the working principles of a water heater.

Its a rental, new tennants. I have found that the majority of tennants will not complain as they are afraid of the rent being raised or of being blamed for the problem.

I remember some few years ago there were some water heaters on the market where the dip tube was inserted thru the nipple, the nipple was made with gauling threads so it could not be swapped around, kind of a cluster.

There was a valve, up out of the picture.
              sigpic
              www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

Working...
              X