X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customers with no sense

Customer just called me tonight 10:00 on a Sunday night to let me know their house is @ 90 degrees...

I was there Saturday night and let them know that there TXV appeared to not be functioning properly and would need to be replaced but it would be Tuesday before I could get the part and schedule the install.

Why call me? You already know your system is broken? Why do some folks have no sense of boundaries?

Do I address this stupidity with the customer? Is it my own fault for answering the phone on a Sunday night If I did not want to be disturbed?

How do you handle customers who are insulting, rude or just lack any sense?

Bill

Re: Customers with no sense

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
    Customer just called me tonight 10:00 on a Sunday night to let me know their house is @ 90 degrees...

I was there Saturday night and let them know that there TXV appeared to not be functioning properly and would need to be replaced but it would be Tuesday before I could get the part and schedule the install.

Why call me? You already know your system is broken? Why do some folks have no sense of boundaries?

Do I address this stupidity with the customer? Is it my own fault for answering the phone on a Sunday night If I did not want to be disturbed?

Bill
    If you don't want to be disturbed, I guess you get some of the blame for answering the phone. But I suffer from the same disease, I answer too.

Most of the time I find it comical and tell them that there is no magic to get it working until I get the parts.

Tell them to put the heat on 85 'til next Wednesday just for fun.

J.C.

Comment

i recently just got fed up with this same thing i have changed my answering machine. now it list my hours of operation and if it is not an emergency leave a message and if it is an emergency to call my cell phone. all my phone #s are forwarded to my cell so if my phone rings twice in a row i know i should answer it. its helped alot with most i had a guy call me 4 times in 5 minutes last week and leave a message each time that he wanted angle stops put on next week he owns his own business too. it seems like he would get it. that one is my fault though every job i do for him i swear its the last time than i keep doing more work for him
      Mike
      Clark County Plumbing And Drain
      www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

reminds me of the celebrities wife that called me at midnight with a toilet that was not working. her husband had called during the day to tell me that he had it shut off and if i can make it in the morning. he lives out of town and his wife is in town.

sure, no problem. until the wife called at midnight needing her toilet fixed.

i guess walking down the hallway and using 1 of the other 5 was not good enough. needless to say i was not budging and explained that she needs to call someone else. as i was sch. for 8 am there.

sad part is the husband was a great guy. the wife was leaching off the husbands fame and fortune.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

How do you handle customers who are insulting, rude or just lacanysense?k
          Bill
          If they are insulting or rude, I would fire them. If they lack common sense, I would educate them.
          The Other Rick

Comment

Don't blame them Bill

The heat sometimes make you do crazy things

Comment

Bill
              You've got options:

#1 "What the f#%^ are you thinkin, callin' me this time of day to tell me that?!?!?!?"

#2 "Thanks for letting me know. I'll see you on tuesday."

I know which one I WANT to do.

Comment

i charge an hour to the bill every time they call, when i've already told them i will be there tuesday. i put a electric burner in a range for a guy once and charged him for 5.5 hrs. he asked about the hours and i told him that i charged him for all the needless calls. he just looked at me and paid. he was a repeat customer and so were his kids. breid

Comment

i feel your pain,nastiness breed nastiness, so i will warn a rude customer to cease even one that's screaming at me, i understand people have issues some mechanical and some emotional, but unfortunately and regrettably this is sometimes the nature of the business and once its said its said forever, so if i do go off on somebody i make sure i can do without this customer, though i will say every once in a while it sure feels good to let someone have it, so we all have our threshold and have to decide when enough is enough. but when ever there's money involved emotions can run hi.PS most customer only hear what they what to hear anyway so i often find myself repeating myself, repeating myself, myself repeating, my oops sorry

Comment

Working...
                  X