Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Am. Std. W/C Seals

Does anyone buy Am. Std. seals online?

I need one or some for the newer Class 3 or 5 models.

They have what I call a "whoopee cushion" size flapper attached by a chain in the middle of the flapper.

They are NOT available locally.

Thanks for any help.

J.C.

Re: Online Am. Std. W/C Seals

home depot carries them.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      home depot carries them.

rick.
      May have missed them but I did not see them at the local HD. Might have to check online.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

JC, when you say "flapper" do you mean the new Flush tower design? I ask because you asked for a seal. I'm thinking you mean the red rubber seal for the flush tower. Like Rick said, the HD near me does carry them in the Fluidmaster repair parts. BUT, I have the Am standard Champion in my home that uses this design/seal. When I noticed it leaking, I called Am standard direct and they sent me two whole new Accelerator 4 flush valves as they warranty them for 10 years. This valve is the new design on the Champion 4, so it was an upgrade from my old design. Based on your "whoppee cushion" description, I'm wondering if this new valve is what you have already as there is the chain in the middle and it is comparatively large to a standard flapper. Not sure if you can wait, but if you call Am standard, they should send you one for free! Feel free to pile on about what junk Am standard has become, but I've had these toilets for 4 years and love them. I also appreciate any company that stands behind their product and is willing to: 1. admit there is a defect 2. do something to remedy or fix the problem at no charge to the customer.

Comment

the original flush tower had issues and a/s knew there was no fix other than to redesign the flush valve.

yes, they will send a complete new flush valve to upgrade to the new "whoopie cushon" flapper.

who remember their yellow "smart valve" ballcock from 5 years ago?

i bought 2 cases and discovered you were smart if you never bought them.

a/s did the smart think and replaced them with fluidmasters.

i had to go and swap out the ones that i had already installed. not very smart

of all the manufacturers, kohler takes the trophy for the most flops in parts that don't work.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I don't get it. Nearly every experience I've had with Am Stan stuff ends in tears. This excludes the old stuff with the old English font. As far as toilets go I am brand loyal to Toto Drake. I have installed at least 100 of these toilets in the last four years and had callbacks on three or four at most. They have a great flush, nice finish, the tank doesn't rock around on the bowl, and the design is very simple. They might cost a little more but they are definitely worth it.

Comment

Working...
            X