Federal Tax Credits for Energy Efficiency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Tax Credits for Energy Efficiency

Are any of you plumbers or HVAC guys using the Federal tax credits for energy efficiency as a selling tool for water heaters, boilers, furnaces and central A/C systems? The units have to meet certain guidelines to qualify and the homeowners can save 30% or up to $1,500 including installation. It seems like a good way to upsell a customer on qualified eqipment as well.
    You can see what qualifies here:http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?...edits.tx_index
    Last edited by killavolt; 07-22-2009, 08:45 AM. Reason: Added link

Re: Federal Tax Credits for Energy Efficiency

Try selling people on the use of electronic ballasts and T-8 fluorescent tubes. It's hard until they see the brighter, higher quality light and the lower current draw. If you can show them A / B comparisons that seems to wake them up.

The real fun with this came last summer at a friend's place out in the country where they have a storage building/work shop shed. We set out to replace the (12) strip light fixtures where the old ones had (4) F40T12 cool white tubes and the old loud buzzing magnetic ballasts. We (several of us) Installed 12 new strip lights where each had (3) F32T8 tubes and basic electronic ballasts. I got them 5000K (Sunshine) tubes with high color rendering quality where the tubes had a CRI of 85. The old CW tubes might have a CRI of 60. Anyway it made quite the difference in there. The current draw is about 1/2 and the place sure seems brighter. For fun 2 of the old strip light fixtures remain and can be powered up. Seeing them lit up side by side is the real seller.

I do find people barking about CFL replacements until I show them that there's junk and then there are CFL lamps that put out nice light. I can't stand 2700K or 6500K CFL lamps. Give me 3000K for at home and 3500-4100K for offices.

Comment

http://www.eternalwaterheater.com/products/home.aspx

Comment

A tank / tankless hybrid?

Why reinvent the wheel

Lets put a good stainless steel heat exchanger and a bit more insulation on a standard tank water heater and press on...

We are violating the KISS principle to be the next big trend...

That being said I have heard good things about this product though they are the most expensive units out there.

Bill

Comment

Here's another link.

http://energytaxincentives.org/consu...ng-cooling.php

Comment

One thing to remember on the HVAC credit.

-The A/C credit is for 16SEER AND greater then or equal to 14 EER.

The high EER requirement is the showstopper for all but the highest end systems.

Bill

Comment

Working...
            X