3/8 coil copper for fridge supply.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/8 coil copper for fridge supply.

I 3/8 coiled copper flexible enough to be used behind a fridge, hooked to the fridge water supply? Installed with excess, coiled?

Re: 3/8 coil copper for fridge supply.

I've done it that way. You have to be careful how you route the copper so that when you pull the fridge out, the copper stretches like a coil spring.

Comment

why 3/8'' and not 1/4''?

as mentioned make sure to keep it in its original coil state and also make sure to secure/ strap it to the back of the fridge to keep it from being stressed when pulling out.

i've used the stainless braided 1/4'' ice maker flexes for at lest 10 years for the final hook up.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

It should not be a problem, just don't leave the entire coil. Just leave about 6 feet, so the fridge can be pulled out.

Comment

You may find that with 1/4" copper the nut on the shut off valve has a tendency to crack itself loose when the fridge is pushed back in ( potential leak ) , the copper just applies a little tourque to it . We secure it to the back of the fridge and to the baseboard with a copper tube strap folded in half .
          Steve in the trade since 73 doing new residential/Commercial work

Comment

Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Working...
            X