Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: aggreate vent rule

Scout's Honor
    We had an inspector out here who was becoming Big Headed.Thank goodness he had a problem innapropriately offering extra inspection services to a couple of single moms,"I'll Keep an eye on your job" turned into showing up unannounced after hours.I don't know where he went.
    Maybe the same place the catholicic church sent theirs.

Comment

and the scary part is, our inspectors don't even understand how to determine vent pipe sizing, or if a fixture is properly vented, if they see 1 vent half the diameter of the main, the vents pass.

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      IPC, 1 vent, 1/2 the size of the building drain through the roof.
      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

On a rough plumbing inspection, I had a build. Insp. admit to me, He really didn't know plumbing. This was A town in in Marin Co. I walked Him through explaining Sizing, trap arms vents and sizes ect. He is a honest, good Guy . Yes I passed
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          On a shower pan water test ,Good tile Man said He didn't have the same manufacture on glue as plastic. Dan" You know who "made Him rip it out! Something is missing in this Man" life He is NOT fair ! Every Plumber I've ever met in a S.F. supply house has a story about His foolishness! Had breakfast this morn with a Contr. His Story. The common Question "Dan,
          how many inspections You do today? Answer ,7. How many You pass?? Answer ,2
          kevin remember i told you awhile ago the reason why he has it out for us remember..? i also let the plublic forum in on lil too much information about DAN lol.. theres a reason he has it out for plumbers

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
            So...Is he a Whack Job or legitimate and fair?

To put it another way...Did he get any in High School if he tried?
            You know the type.Always trying to prove something.
            Yeah hes pretty fair... and does things straight by book most of the time.. but he starts spouting off made up crazy things every once and awhile... he knows i dont buy it and has recently back off

Comment

Here's a beauty. He's commenting on a walk in custom shower rough. "I don't like the shower riser! Me, " can You explain the code violation? " " No way to dump water sitting in there". " May cause Legionnaires Disease" He passed it.
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by plumbworker View Post
                Yeah hes pretty fair... and does things straight by book most of the time.. but he starts spouting off made up crazy things every once and awhile... he knows i dont buy it and has recently back off
                So is this his way of testing the water as far as one's knowledge.
                If he sees you being a floppy yes man he'll nail ya?

Sounds like a fun guy.
                I'd like to play a few hands with him.

Comment

I recently had an inspector turn me down on a laundry tub install in a basement as part of a remodel. Per code it's required to have a backwater valve on the drain, but in reality any back-flow from the sewer would come up through the existing floor drain, or shower pan, or toilet flange...the backwater valve will never serve any purpose until there's two feet of sewage in that basement. I tried to explain this as politely as possible, but he just looked at my blankly. I put in the valve.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                    So is this his way of testing the water as far as one's knowledge.
                    If he sees you being a floppy yes man he'll nail ya?

Sounds like a fun guy.
                    I'd like to play a few hands with him.
                    I'd bet on You Brother!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                      The total sum of the vents out the roof has to be equal to or be greater than the sewer at the footing.

Mark
                      Not exactly.

Per 2007 CPC 904.1

"each connection to a public sewer... shall be vented by means of one or more vent pipes, the aggregate cross-section area of which shall not be less than that of the largest required building sewer, as determined from Table 7-5."

In other words, even if you run a 4" lateral to the city connection, if you have less than 4 wc's (or 35 dfu's), you only need the aggregate of a 3" vent.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                        Not exactly.

Per 2007 CPC 904.1

"each connection to a public sewer... shall be vented by means of one or more vent pipes, the aggregate cross-section area of which shall not be less than that of the largest required building sewer, as determined from Table 7-5."

In other words, even if you run a 4" lateral to the city connection, if you have less than 4 wc's (or 35 dfu's), you only need the aggregate of a 3" vent.
                        Thank's,good info! I like one 4' so Rick can do a proper job before He slips off My ROOF

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                          Not exactly.

Per 2007 CPC 904.1

Of course the code is assuming you are installing your drains per Table 7-5 and I doubt you would find an inspector who would let you have 3" out the roof with 4" out the footing.

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Mark
                            If I know the wording, how can he refuse me. Besides, most of the field inspectors know that I know their bosses. I've done it, but to be honest, I rarely work on anything less than four baths.

"the code is assuming you are installing your drains per Table 7-5".
                            Since I'm not a PE, what other table would I use?
                            Last edited by Plumbus; 08-03-2009, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Well development gave out My name. Leak in Bath ceiling,2 nd story. Could be bath exhaust
                              fan flashing , or deteriorated oatley rubber boots on roof jack. Will have to come up with a price per home. Will find out tomorrow Morn ,and report back

Comment

Working...
                              X