X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aggreate vent rule

Was On the roof of a 12 Year old home. About 2400 Sq. Ft. I guess. Part of a large development. All the roof jack rubbers were cracked real bad One had a nickle size hole
    in it,will replace tomorrow. I May bid replacing all the boots in the Hood ,Each home has 2- 1 1/2" vents and 3-2" vents. I took pictures, and May generate some work. Nothing larger than 2" Isn't that against the U.P.C.? At least one vent sized same as lateral? This is San Rafael Ca. Building Dept. falls under Marin County. I know it all works fine. Is this code
    Old school ,and should Be dumped?
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: aggreate vent rule

The total sum of the vents out the roof has to be equal to or be greater than the sewer at the footing.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

And no 2+2 does not equal 4
      2+2+2+2 = 4

Comment

Not in S.F. There will be a 4" vent! Been there
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

2 2s and 1 1/2 makes 3
          sigpic
          www.uandiplumbing.com

Comment

San Francisco's amendment to the UPC as related to vent stacks:

907.3. Add the following new section:
            907.3 Vent Stacks and Relief Vents. Every building
            in which plumbing is installed shall have at least one
            main stack which shall run undiminished in size and
            as directly as possible from each building drain
            serving said building through to the open air above
            the roof.
            A vent stack shall be installed with a soil or
            waste stack whenever relief vents or other branch
            vents are required in two or more branch intervals.
            A vent stack shall be installed in accordance with
            Section 706.1.
            The size of the soil stack shall be determined by
            the total fixture units on that stack as per Table 7-5.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

4" = 12.56
              3" = 7
              2" = 3.14
              1.5"= 1.75

Depending on local code with ammendments you may need the vent to run undeminished from the sewer thru the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by winslow View Post
                4" = 12.56
                3" = 7
                2" = 3.14
                1.5"= 1.75

Depending on local code with ammendments you may need the vent to run undeminished from the sewer thru the roof.

seen it, unhappy customers
                Brent

Comment

we have to have at least one main vent...
                  But the bad rubber on the roof jacks are a real problem the sun rots out the new ones,,i see it here too

Comment

Thank You Mark. Every plumber in this city has a story about " Dan You Know who" that has his own code" FEELINGS " about how You will do things. My favorite, for an overflow pan under a 2nd story Wash. Machine. Installed a watts shut Off also. He wanted it trapped with a primer ! Called 2 other S.F. insps." run it out against siding,dump on ground". Who told You that !!! You will have one 4" vent with Dan ! I'm just a No body with no juice, Thank's Tool

Comment

IPC, 1 vent, 1/2 the size of the building drain through the roof.
                      sigpic

Comment

This morning ,I ran this by a full time S.F. plumber. He would NEVER think of not running a 4" on a home project . I have an inspection coming up in a week or so ,I'll talk to the Insp. about this,and report back

Comment

i love when he brings in his "inspection kit" a box full of inspection mirriors levels tapes folding rules etc. hes the only inspector in the city i've seen measuring trap arms spacing on supports checking pitch and getting on the roof etc.. he knows better than to push his crazy ideas at me now..

Comment

Originally posted by plumbworker View Post
                            i love when he brings in his "inspection kit" a box full of inspection mirriors levels tapes folding rules etc. hes the only inspector in the city i've seen measuring trap arms spacing on supports checking pitch and getting on the roof etc.. he knows better than to push his crazy ideas at me now..
                            So...Is he a Whack Job or legitimate and fair?

To put it another way...Did he get any in High School if he tried?
                            You know the type.Always trying to prove something.

Comment

On a shower pan water test ,Good tile Man said He didn't have the same manufacture on glue as plastic. Dan" You know who "made Him rip it out! Something is missing in this Man" life He is NOT fair ! Every Plumber I've ever met in a S.F. supply house has a story about His foolishness! Had breakfast this morn with a Contr. His Story. The common Question "Dan,
                              how many inspections You do today? Answer ,7. How many You pass?? Answer ,2

Comment

Working...
                              X