Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zurn lo-profile grease trap

how can this thing

http://www.zurn.com/operations/light...eets/63803.pdf

possibly work? There is almost no vertical in it to store grease... or am I missing something?

not to mention the baffle in the thing is as tall as half to 3/4 of the inlet pipe, so the inlet is always going to be chest deep in wastewater and will choke up with grease.
    Last edited by Ace Sewer; 07-31-2009, 07:33 PM.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: Zurn lo-profile grease trap

It would make more sense if the elbow on the outlet end turned down back into the the trap itself...

Then you could use the clean out to clean both out lets

Comment

they all have that elbow or an equivalent; it's the overflow for when it packs up the bottom passage... in this things case every week or so.

It would make a lot more sense to me if the inlet and outlet were higher on the thing.... like if dimensions d and e were bigger

really... am I missing something?
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I put the same exact one in a star bucks last year. It works but has to be cleaned out once a month. I dont think it would be a good idea for a restuarant you would have to clean out every week. But for the starbucks that used to be a gas station before it worked great.
        You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

So your saying it wasent designed to real work...
          I would clean it out each month,,With a smile ,,
          If some one else was getting the blame for putting it in...

Comment

Yeah, that's what I'm doing... but I feel bad for the guy; he's a decent sort and I'm sure paid some $ for this thing. I'm trying to find him a better alternative to replace it with. It's $225 to pump the thing, and the san district requies it twice a year, so if I can find something that will make it 6 mo, even 3-4 mo, that will fit it will pay for itself. Just makes me angry when I see this thing and if they just put the inlet and outlet up at the top it'd still fit and actually work.

Guy who put it in failed to vent it as well, though once again, I've yet to see a vent issue cause a problem other than smell.
            Last edited by Ace Sewer; 08-04-2009, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Re: Trapzilla Supercapacity Grease Traps

The TZ-160 model of this grease trap (link below) is perfect for coffee shops like Starbucks or sandwich shops like Subway. It stores 160 lb. of grease at a 35 GPM flow rating. 160 pounds goes a really long way in a Starbucks. The downside is that the installation would involve putting it in the ground as its not a "low profile" design, though it is extremely compact for a 160 lb. trap.

http://www.trapzilla.com

Full Disclosure: I work for Thermaco, Inc., makers of the Trapzilla and Big Dipper grease traps.

Comment

That trap is designed for a specific purpose. It is not "one size fits all".

You need to know alot of things. Is he going to use it heavily? If so, then that one is just not going to cut it, I'm sorry. Grease traps are nothing simple, and they are expensive, so is the install. Heck just sizing them sucks. But that is the thing, once it is properly sized, you are gonna find out that one is probably not going to work. In Tulsa, Oklahoma they require MONTHLY pumpings. And if you are concerned about the price of pumping, why? Takes money to make money. Want less pumps each year? Get a bigger trap. To expensive? Ohwell get over it.

Comment

Working...
                X