K-39AF Cable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-39AF Cable

I have the k39 with 25 feet of 5/16 but find its not long enough for some cloggs. I see they make a 5/16 35 foot and 50 foot. Are they to heavy for the gun any you guys have luck with the longer cables?
    You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Re: K-39AF Cable

50' will get heavy and 35' will get you about 30' out with the power feed.

i always remove my cables to stop them from rusting. so i have multiple choices i can install when needed.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I have the 35ft I keep it for those longer runs, adds a little weight but not enough to worry about. Get one keep it stashed for the long ones takes seconds to change out.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

So Rick, would u say there is really no use for the 5/16 25 footer. I mean the 35 footer only adds a couple of pounds. Im thinking of getting the 35 and 50 and just leaving the 35 in the machine and have the 50 for those really long runs.

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        50' will get heavy and 35' will get you about 30' out with the power feed.

i always remove my cables to stop them from rusting. so i have multiple choices i can install when needed.

rick.
        You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingParamedics View Post
          So Rick, would u say there is really no use for the 5/16 25 footer. I mean the 35 footer only adds a couple of pounds. Im thinking of getting the 35 and 50 and just leaving the 35 in the machine and have the 50 for those really long runs.
          lets think about where a 5/16'' cable machine is being used.

on a lav sink, shower or tub, there will always be a 3'' or 4'' toilet line close by. so realistically, the 5/16'' will only need to hit the 3 or 4'' line close by.

on a laundry, kitchen or bar sink, you might have a longer run to a 3 or 4'' line. but running a 5/16'' bulb into a 2'' kitchen or laundry is only a temporary fix. you need cutters, jetter or a bigger cable/ sectional.

true a 25' will only feed 20' on the power feed. but the last 5' can be done with a drill or a an older k-38/39 with the hand chuck.

so to recap. the 25' should do 90% of what it was intended to do. the rest should be a different machine anyways.

35' is fine. 50' is not

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

50' for mobile homes. it ain't to heavy the way that i do it. breid

Comment

I will second the 50' for mobile homes, have to love the long kitchen sink runs without cleanouts.

Comment

Working...
              X