X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Now leaving HELL.

Jeesh guys, lighten up. They got hard hats on.

Comment

that guy in that ditch needs to wake up and use cribbing !!!!!!

Comment

Maybe it's different in other areas, but if I ever asked for trench boxes, or someone to help me in a confined space, I would be on the short list of people to be let go.

I have a hard time believing any small business owner goes to the time or trouble of installing trench boxes, and if they do, please contact me because I would love to work for someone who cares about me and my family.

Here is how it really goes: One guy says to the other guy, you watch the sides of the trench, if you see something yell at me.

The only people that I have seen use trench boxes is Govt. workers.
        Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Very few trench boxes in use around here except when utilities or roadside excavating is being done.
          What I find really interesting is that the subcontractors for "government jobs" do not seem to follow any of the OSHA requirements. No hardhats, no eye protection, no trench boxes, etc. But any contractors on private jobs, especially the larger ones, are very careful to follow the rules to avoid fines.

Don't the franchisers have safety rules that their franchisees must follow, no matter who the owner is?

Comment

At the very least you can step side the trench...It makes for a wider trench but safer and when done properly is OSHA approved.

Anything would be better then the deathtrap in the pic or the "I'll tie a rope to myself so you can pull me out if it caves in"

Comment

In the picture I would have at least another ladder to give me the chance to get out.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Terracing is a requirement on my jobs. The box is used rarely.

The picture also had the ladder too short. It needs to be minimum 24" above the trench. Also, the excavated dirt needs to be minimum 24" away from the edge of the hole.

Many workers are clueless about trench safety and its the boss' fault.
                (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

boxes are one thing but at least they could use speed shoring with plywood, I would never get in a hole like that without shoring. That is a grave.
                  ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Amazing how ignorant about trench safety people are.This pic was taken 2 weeks after
                    I gave a pep talk (in front of the owners.)of the importance of trench boxes,knowing your dirt classes,hard hats,boots bla bla la bla blaaaaaaaaaaaa..
                    Osha is have words with M.R. today after i sent them that pic.
                    Rooter is trying the 'employees are the
                    independent contractors' to shift blame/fines.
                    A$$holes. Me and the Osha agent are in close touch.
                    Nothing worse then when a man dies at the hands of a cheap boss.

GO TWINS

Comment

Mr. Rooter franchise called me today. Some southerner girl with an accent like chewing on tinfoil tried to set an appointment....my ears are still ringing. They coulda had a sweet Upper Peninsula girl or even a fine Bronx lady call.

I said no. In this little county, a Mr. Rooter franchise would last a week.
                      (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

Congrats. I met the owners of that Mr. Rooter at a swat meeting (indoctrination meeting) and I could barely understand them lol. I heard they make you purchase all the tools and materials in your van and then they reimburse you after you use them, is that true?

Are you still going to do a plumbing checkup and pop the T&P valve at every jobsite with your new job? heh

Comment

Working...
                        X