Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now leaving HELL.

Having been on the union bench for close to 2 years I picked up with
    Mr Rooter a year and a half ago thinking (Wrongly!) the economy and commercial plumbing would pick up shortly.Worst gig EVER.
    I have *quietly*, finally started with another,and real plumbing shop north of town here.

Re: Now leaving HELL.

Yeah there's no point in staying where you're not happy.

Good luck with the new job and please don't change that avatar.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Hey Jay, where are you at?

I'm at Ham Lake area (Andover) right now, this is near Blaine. I'll be here for the weekend, probably leaving on Sunday night or Monday morning.

I'm looking for a house in Duluth these days, which will be the area where I want to run my business.
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Did the hall know you was Rootering? Did they care? I can't see where they would be hard core if they starved ya out for 2 years.

Comment

Man i worked for a Mr. Rooter for like 2 months. Worse job i ever had. I felt like a salesman rather than a plumber. Those uniforms Im not a uniform type guy. We were pushed to sell memberships and bio-clean products. Cant tell you how many times i got turned away by the customer after giving them their upfront price. "Yes that will be $258.00 to snake out the kitchen sink drain" customer = "Get off my land!!"

Comment

I quit my uniform type plumbing job five weeks ago. They charged $269 for snaking a kitchen sink line. Plus a $50 dispatch fee. Plus $200 to install a cleanout. My daily goal was over $1700. Thinking about it now these prices seem toataly crazy. F the rooter companies.

Comment

there is a place here that charges 300 to 500 for secondary lines but they give a 1 year warranty if you buy bio clean. 900 if you want it jetted. i'm sure mains are higher.
              the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

I worked for RR. I lasted 3 days. I am not against the company making money. I am against the idea of me having to tale the customer that I need
                $ 250.00 for augering their toilet. When I worked for them in the short 3 days. I was threatned and had a shot gun pulled on me

Comment

I also did a short stint with speedy another rooter type company. all prices came out of a book and if you did 3 different jobs each was charged separately totalling ridiculous amounts. We were paid on a 25% commission which was also odd cause in order to make a competetive hourly wage it truly was necessary to overcharge the customer.
                  I am a firm believer in charging time and materials with warranty on your labor. It is fair to both the customer and to you. There are almost never surprises for the customer at the end of the day as long as you are upfront with your time estimate and I always tell them how long the job should take and then give what I think will be a worst case scenario.
                  The customer appreciates this honesty.

Comment

Wonder who the new poor bast*rd will be...
                    (From Craigslist)
                    [line removed by moderator... Sorry jay.. just cleaned up a reference by request]
                    I slept with a clear conscience!
                    Never pulled a toilet that didn't need it...They said to pull them ALL!
                    Always quoted fair for plumbing jobs.
                    Received a call from OSHA today regarding how they like to do digs.
                    Hint: No trench boxes.

Looking For Experienced Plumbers and Drain Cleaners (Metro Area)

Date: 2009-09-30, 2:15PM CDT
                    Reply to: dispatch@mrrootermn.com [Errors when replying to ads?]

We are a premier, 24 hour emergency plumbing and drain cleaning company, and we are searching for motivated individuals who are experienced in plumbing and drain cleaning.

The desired candidates will posses the following:

- Experience with plumbing, and drain cleaning
                    - The ability to communicate with a team, and actively carry out the responsibilities of each correspondence
                    - A flexible Schedule
                    - General knowledge of the Twin Cities Metro Area
                    - The desire to see the company succeed

Please fax or email resume for consideration

763-551-2555- fax

dispatch@mrrootermn.com- email

• Compensation: Commision Based
                    • Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
                    • Please, no phone calls about this job!
                    • Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

PostingID: 1400044623

Last edited by Josh; 10-07-2009, 02:52 PM.

Comment

That looks more like a grave than a work site. He'd be dead within minutes of a cave-in.

At least his uniform is clean. What's that saying: Die working and leave a good looking corpse.
                      (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

That is sand!!!

Comment

sandy loam
                          he uses mother natures way to keep it from caving in.... roots!
                          the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                            That is sand!!!
                            Since when have you been worried about trench safety?
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

can you blame th world for being disgusted with greedy, glutinous, society that we have become?

Comment

Working...
                              X