X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Helping neighbors with their little plumbing problems

Being a Ham Radio Operator I'm always fighting assorted interference. All the new consumer electronic stuff is junk and I'm disappointed the FCC can't enforce any of its rules.....

My neighbor has an electric fence [which they really don't need or know how to maintain] and it causes all sorts of interference. Technically I could have the FCC send a nasty letter..but instead I decided to be a "nice neighbor" I replaced their 12" rebar ground with a proper 10 foot copper clad UL listed ground. I repaired all arcing connections etc.etc.

What do I get being a nice neighbor? I am now the owner of the electric fence and any time it hiccups it's my fault and I must fix it immediately! at my expense!!!!!

So be careful being a good neighbor, too many folks now-a-days prefer to take advantage of a "nice guy" and the good neighbor help can get way out of control; possibly to a liability level if the repair goes wrong.

Bottom line..choose your good neighbor projects carefully.

Cactus Man

Comment

I installed two Toto Drakes for my next door neighbor for cost. She still thinks I made money on the deal, and did ME a favor.
      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Been here for 32 years now, we are no longer the "kids" on the block. Now I am the old man that knows all. I am the neighborhood handyman. LOL The word "pay", what is that, never heard of it before!
        info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Working...
        X