X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things I enjoy about plumbing

A long time ago, there was a post made about things people hate about plumbing or other trades, I believe toolaholic started it. I've been meaning to make one about things I like but I've been way too busy, and seeing as I had 5 teeth pulled under general anesthetic on Thursday (hence why I've been on here so much in the past week.) I figured I would write down the things I really enjoy about plumbing and why I hope it picks up again soon. Here's a quick list:
    -Helping people
    - Learning about how things work/techniques to get the job done
    -People I work with (although that could go under things I hate too)
    -Getting in really good shape fast and staying that way for a long time.
    -Completing something I have never done before and taking pride in doing a good job.
    -Praise from experienced people/ building inspectors.
    -The feeling of putting in an honest day of hard work
    -The big pay cheques every 2 weeks
    -Good customers/people giving cash tips/other treats when doing service work.
    -Being a productive member of society
    -Getting new tools with all my hard earned money!!!

That's all I can think of right now, look forward to seeing what other people say.

Re: Things I enjoy about plumbing

the ridgid forum

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      the ridgid forum

rick.
      Well said, me too :-D. From what I've read too you also like getting paid in food don't you Rick? Especially iced cream and...milkshakes!!

Comment

You forgot the pleasure of showing your crack, that is what got Rick into this field.
        info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Man we had a guy in new construction that ALWAYS had ladder crack, it was probably cause he never wore a belt and put a ton of tools in his pocket. I try to use my pouch or my ammuniton box for this, as that's what I keep most of my stuff in. I also wear overalls to combat this problem, seems to help quite a bit. Carrhartt sandstones are the way to be!

Comment

Well I'm not a plumber but I do like helping people and the satisfying "swoosh" when a drain goes! I also like being able to solve a problem.

I also wear bibs to avoid the dreaded plumbers crack.
            www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Trouble shooting.
              Good deals on materials
              Better mouse traps (as in new products that are superior (not cheaper) to what we've always used)
              The satisfaction of seeing a young apprentice grow as a mechanic as well as a person. If they don't grow, they go.
              Washing my hands when the job is done (when gloves aren't appropriate).
              Not just the Forum, but the characters who make it special.

Comment

Originally posted by papadan View Post
                You forgot the pleasure of showing your crack, that is what got Rick into this field.

I try and say no to crack!
                Last edited by DanLawrence; 08-11-2009, 10:37 AM. Reason: mIseD SpIlEd

Comment

Originally posted by
                  [COLOR=Black
                  Washing my hands when the job is done (when gloves aren't appropriate).[/COLOR]
                  VERY much agreed. The other day I took so much duct tape of a p-trap that somebody had mummified with the bloody stuff. It took like 4 washes with a brush and goja hand cleaner to get it all off and I was still picking the glue off for days after. Some solvent cements can also be difficult to remove from the hands...not to mention some of the rather disgusting things we shove our hands in every day!

Comment

Working...
                  X