More Hack Plumbing - in my own home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: More Hack Plumbing - in my own home

its probaly outta plumb and "cheated" into position??

Comment

Well now I see what happened at the last Ridgid Roundup and now I've got to go and fix it at Roundup 2009.

J.C.

Comment

some of our guys do that, they stick the pipe down, and stick the J hook on it to hold it in place so it's very visible from the crawlspace,

Not something i've done for myself, but i'm also fairly confident in my ability to remember where stuff goes.
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Ah, good to see that there is a logical reason behind that J-hook on the floor. Than's man!

Comment

Originally posted by Marklar89 View Post
            Ah, good to see that there is a logical reason behind that J-hook on the floor. Than's man!
            Wow you guys are lucky to be so busy as to not be able to get all the subfloor done before the framer sheets.
            I would beat myself silly every minute I was under the house fighting it.

When I worked for Playboy* Plumbing he would do a beautifull waste subfloor but leave copper and gas cause he couldn't see(read plans) framing on the upper floors.
            Got to the point where I got tired of coming behind the gravy.

So now here we are.

*metaphor

Comment

well josh, i did pick up a new diverter tub spout for you this weekend

looks like us coming a couple days early will do the trick

i'll make some calls to school house adam and hook you up

ahh, the good old days

crack, you in

i know adam, mark, larry and i are good

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                I can find equivalent examples in most of the houses on my street. They are all 80 years old and have had tons of owners who have taken a stab at "improving" the house.

Josh
                That's why it wouldn't be difficult to find a repair plumber to set things right...

I gotta start taking pictures of my jobs. Yesterday, we found a 2" shower trap turned near sideways to fit the 100 y.o. floor.
                (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

Could be holding things in place until the glue sets up with the J hanger. In carpentry they call it clamping.

Comment

Working...
                  X