X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Hack Plumbing - in my own home

As some of you know I am remodeling part of my basement so the boys can play down there. There is a small bathroom with a shower in it down there. All the wiring in the entire house is all redone and some of the plumbing.

I uncovered this sweet work this weekend. Thought I would share.

The 1/4 inch line is the hot water supply for the sink and the shower. Here are some pics of the sweet install job that the previous home owner did.

This is where the line ties into the main hot water supply.. notice the old phone wire routing job as well...

Here is where the line branches off to the shower and the sink...

And I saved the best for last. This is right above the shower... a good example of electrolysis

Attached Files

Re: More Hack Plumbing - in my own home

So are you going to rework all of this in copper, with propress, or sweat?

If you are going to sweat it all back, I'll send you all the copper fittings you need along with solder, sandcloth.

I've been slammed with my other businesses and didn't forget about you. I promise you have it before first snow.

I'll be shipping this week. promise.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
      So are you going to rework all of this in copper, with propress, or sweat?

If you are going to sweat it all back, I'll send you all the copper fittings you need along with solder, sandcloth.

I've been slammed with my other businesses and didn't forget about you. I promise you have it before first snow.

I'll be shipping this week. promise.
      The mist fan for the roundup???

BTW... probably going to press it. to tight of quarters and too much wood.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
        The fan for the roundup???

I could ship one, a bullseye fan and it's yours to keep. It'll come with a pressure pump that hooks to a garden hose that provides 190psi.

One of my $849 pumps we found out this year, rusted internally and I can't tell you how bad that hurt.

I don't have $849 for another one.

Tell me the dates again; If I'm coming, I'm going to have to use my plumbing truck and pull a trailer for my two mobile units I used at a church festival this weekend. It'll work great for your outdoor roundup events.

The big misting truck blew a wheel cylinder last sunday and is in limbo till we figure out the turnaround for other events.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Wow, that truly is ghetto plumbing. Very good quality picture taking. The phone wire is going into that iron pipe? Whoa....very good quality pic's Josh. Thanks for the laugh!

Comment

My Opinion:

That's NOT hack plumbing, In fact USING PEX is hack plumbing,

In the "old days" when that was done it ACTUALLY TOOK SKILL

You can see in the pictures that they HAD "sweat joints" , brass unions etc, although they used k / roll copper its still at least copper.....

Anyhow - I think PEX is way more "ghetto" then a SKILLED plumber that actually sweated pipes, tightened brass unions etc...

Then again, I am from the old school, or at least the guys that taught me were.

OH AND PS:

For any "noobs" that want to "flame me" by saying "k though joists is ghetto"

Well... its sure better then taking a 10' stick of L and cutting it and then putting couplings into it every 18"

Now see THIS IS GHETTO:

Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
            New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

www.ridgidroundup.com

Do what you can to make it to the event. I'd really like to have you here.

josh

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
              I could ship one, a bullseye fan and it's yours to keep. It'll come with a pressure pump that hooks to a garden hose that provides 190psi.

One of my $849 pumps we found out this year, rusted internally and I can't tell you how bad that hurt.

I don't have $849 for another one.

Tell me the dates again; If I'm coming, I'm going to have to use my plumbing truck and pull a trailer for my two mobile units I used at a church festival this weekend. It'll work great for your outdoor roundup events.

The big misting truck blew a wheel cylinder last sunday and is in limbo till we figure out the turnaround for other events.

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
                My Opinion:

That's NOT hack plumbing, In fact USING PEX is hack plumbing,

In the "old days" when that was done it ACTUALLY TOOK SKILL

You can see in the pictures that they HAD "sweat joints" , brass unions etc, although they used k / roll copper its still at least copper.....

Anyhow - I think PEX is way more "ghetto" then a SKILLED plumber that actually sweated pipes, tightened brass unions etc...

Then again, I am from the old school, or at least the guys that taught me were.

OH AND PS:

For any "noobs" that want to "flame me" by saying "k though joists is ghetto"

Well... its sure better then taking a 10' stick of L and cutting it and then putting couplings into it every 18"

Now see THIS IS GHETTO:

type k..? that looks like 3/8 acr tube with compession fittings? and yes that install is hacked up..

Comment

Originally posted by plumbworker View Post
                  type k..? that looks like 3/8 acr tube with compession fittings? and yes that install is hacked up..

Ya, You're right, I just was looking at the 1/2 here and it looked bent and then looked to fast at the lower line which is a compression probably for an ice maker etc so my eyes played tricks on me, now that I look again, I feel like an idiot ;-).... BUT at last they are both BRASS & COPPER ;-)

This is going to be my favorite picture ever, I think

Attached Files
                  Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                  New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

This is going to be my favorite picture ever, I think

[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY what I was thinking! I was like what the hell is a plastic J hanger doing on the floor?! some people are pretty "special" indeed...special with a capital R muahahah

Comment

That is some ugly looking plumbing there Josh. Not even sure that counts as plumbing I really like the butchered up rim joist. Sadly, we see too much of this level of plumbing these days.

We can help you out when we are there for the Roundup.

Please don't put me on shovel duty digging around the foundation

I'm alergic to dirt work

Comment

Josh needed all of the REAL plumbers, electricians, HVAC techs and general contractors on this forum to do a very serious inspection of the place before he put down any $$$ or signed anything related to buying the place. I sure hope you got it for a great price, Josh.

Did anyone notice what I think are some iron bushings mixed with copper?
                        Last edited by Woussko; 08-10-2009, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                          That is some ugly looking plumbing there Josh. Not even sure that counts as plumbing I really like the butchered up rim joist. Sadly, we see too much of this level of plumbing these days.

We can help you out when we are there for the Roundup.

Please don't put me on shovel duty digging around the foundation

I'm alergic to dirt work
                          I was going to say the same thing, it looks like a homeowner job too because he just perforated it with a drill and smashed it out with a hammer by the looks of things. He totally roasted the heck out of the end grain that was exposed too and like all of the structural integrity of it is totally gone considering how much of the bottom of it was hacked out. I don't even think that joist on the other side is doing much...if it even is a joist, might be plywood. Good eye plumberscrack!

Comment

I can find equivalent examples in most of the houses on my street. They are all 80 years old and have had tons of owners who have taken a stab at "improving" the house.

Josh

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                            Josh needed all of the REAL plumbers, electricians, HVAC techs and general contractors on this forum to do a very serious inspection of the place before he put down any $$$ or signed anything related to buying the place. I sure hope you got it for a great price, Josh.

Did anyone notice what I think are some iron bushings mixed with copper?

Comment

Originally posted by plumbingskool View Post
                              ya, you're right, i just was looking at the 1/2 here and it looked bent and then looked to fast at the lower line which is a compression probably for an ice maker etc so my eyes played tricks on me, now that i look again, i feel like an idiot ;-).... But at last they are both brass & copper ;-)

this is going to be my favorite picture ever, i think

:d hahahahahahaha:d:d:d:d

Comment

Working...
                              X