Commercial Cast Iron Bathtubs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial Cast Iron Bathtubs

Just had a quick question for those that have worked in commercial buildings.

We busted out a cast iron tub and saw that the overflow was on top of the cement floor. Usually in residential homes there is a cut out beneath the drain so you can put on the overflow and shoe. Well, in this building, there is no cut out in the cement. It's just on top. The drain then goes back into the wall, into a 90, and then down in the p-trap somewhere.

My question is who makes cast iron tubs (fiberglass, steel enforced, etc. tubs are a possibility) where they have approximately 2 1/2" feet on the bottom of the tub. Most tubs just have like a 1/2" or an 1", but we need feet close to 2 1/2" so the tub sits up higher than a standard tub.

We dumped the tub in the dumpster and before actually thinking about looking on the bottom to see who made it, the dumpster was emptied

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Re: Commercial Cast Iron Bathtubs

It's called Above Floor Rough In. There are all kinds of fiberglass available. I "think" americast has a AFRI. Not sure about cast iron.

Comment

something tells me that was a very old tub.

how about a claw foot tub

can't you just prop up a new tub on a platform and then raise it? get a tub without an apron and you can do anything you need.

rick.

p.s. where you been hiding
      phoebe it is

Comment

Above the floor rough tubs are available. AS, Kohler, Crane. They're common in hotels, so they won't be stopping production any time soon.

Comment

Kohler # K-519/20 Dynametric 5' bath , $ 1144.55 list price in white ( 08 price ) , 60" x 32" x 16 1/4" ( 2 1/2" of space below the tub for above the floor rough ). Briggs , Bootz , and Crane used to make them in steel not sure if they still do .
          Last edited by leakfree; 08-13-2009, 05:34 PM.
          Steve in the trade since 73 doing new residential/Commercial work

Comment

Thanks for the help, guys. I really appreciate it!!

Rick- I've been around but not much on here. I'm starting school and haven't been online too much really. I'll be checking in once in a while, though
            YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Working...
            X