X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It finally happened to me

I cannot imagine the spin going on trying to get you head around all this Bill.

I'm sorry.
    This is Huge.

ADAM

Comment

what proof did USAA want when you filed your claim?
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

holy crap crack, sorry to hear the news.

I put off buying a vehicle content policy for 700 a year, but i'll be in my ins. agents office next week after hearing this. I don't want to take that big a hit.

did you have an alarm? how about some type of steering column, or brake lock to slow them down?

F'n Scumbags!

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

That sucks. ****ing crackheads have no soul.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Sorry to hear of the loss and hope you get things back in good condition, or treated right by the insurance companys, Shovel and all,
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

USAA you say?
              I guess I'm going to have to look them up!
              An ins Co that actually insures you? What an idea!

Glad to hear it's working out for you PC. I didn't have time to PM you this A.M. But I was going to let you know I need to use my Root Ranger sometime next week but after that, I can send it to you so you can try it out. Let me know when you get settled again and I'll send it down.

What do you need to keep you going while your waiting for new stuff?
              Post a list. I'm sure between all of us, you can borrow what you need so you don't have to rush into getting things.
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Well I'm glad to hear the insurance company is taking care of you. Surprised, but glad.
                www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  I think we need a group hug (excluding Rick and Charlie as they have wandering hands).

Mark

Awe god that is f'n sick!

Not good Bill. I had my truck broken into years ago, and I knew who did it, just didn't have a prayer's chance to catch them.

Let us know the outcome of all this.
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

bill and anyone else.

my buddy designs and sells a product called car defender.

http://www.cardefender.com/

look over the product. if you know how to install a radio, you can probably install his system with some guidance.

give fred a call and mention that plumber rick sent you

fred is a sharp guy and can set you up with a unit that has a lifetime guarantee

fred is also a lurker here on the forum as he works on plumbing truck repairs. so give him a hard time too

no way to start the car when his system is installed. it automatically arms when you shut the ignition.

i've had mine for 9 years and it's never failed

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

How many times has your van been broken into?
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        what proof did USAA want when you filed your claim?
                        None! a 15 minute phone call and the police case number. When we sighed up with them we asked about separate rider insurance for the truck. They didn't offer...I had to ask for it. Every year, at renewal, I thought about dropping that coverage.

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                        holy crap crack, sorry to hear the news.

I put off buying a vehicle content policy for 700 a year, but i'll be in my ins. agents office next week after hearing this. I don't want to take that big a hit.

did you have an alarm? how about some type of steering column, or brake lock to slow them down?

F'n Scumbags!
                        My driveway is lit up like Times Square. No alarm but the next one will Adding a webcam pointed in that direction too. Any movement between 9:00pm-6:00am and it starts recording

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                        USAA you say?
                        I guess I'm going to have to look them up!
                        An ins Co that actually insures you? What an idea!

Glad to hear it's working out for you PC. I didn't have time to PM you this A.M. But I was going to let you know I need to use my Root Ranger sometime next week but after that, I can send it to you so you can try it out. Let me know when you get settled again and I'll send it down.

What do you need to keep you going while your waiting for new stuff?
                        Post a list. I'm sure between all of us, you can borrow what you need so you don't have to rush into getting things.
                        Thanks for the offer Gene but I think I'm good for the moment. I'd have to strap the jetter to the back of my bicycle to get it there

Including this time?....1

Comment

Hey PC,

Sorry to hear that your rig was pilfered. I hope you get it all back and the bums are brought to justice. I am not that far away so will keep and eye out for anything that doesn't look right. I've heard of cars that were stolen from this area ending up in DC or Baltimore.

Here's a thought, they may not sell the stuff at all. Maybe they will try to go in business somewhere to make some money. If they have some plumbing knowledge but no tools and are out of work maybe they would try to start up a business.
                          ---------------
                          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                          ---------------
                          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                          ---------
                          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                          ---------
                          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Oh man Bill, sorry to hear about your troubles. Beside a camera facing your van, how about a GPS location device. So you can track down the van, chances are they may go after you again, since you seem to be easy prey. Next time you won't be, I'm sure. I also hope the insurance company play's fair with you. I have taken photo's of everything in my truck and trailers, I also tried to jot down all my tools, sometimes I found it difficult to keep that part up, because of laziness on my part.
                            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

This was more for Rick. He said that in 9 years, it's never failed. But if his truck has never been broken into, how successful is the product?
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                                Thanks for the offer Gene but I think I'm good for the moment. I'd have to strap the jetter to the back of my bicycle to get it there
                                Well a brothas' gota do what a brothas' gota do, right?
                                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Working...
                                X