veiga pex bronze / water Quality / fitting failure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: veiga pex bronze / water Quality / fitting failure

I'll tell you, I have been to many code review board and plumbing board meetings that have dealt with now product issues and such. 99% of the time the discussion and agreement comes down to whether or not the product has been astm or nsf or whatever accepted. If it has, the boards assume that it must be good. Of course, the testing agencies would have nothing to test and nothing to do if the manufacturers were not making this stuff. So like everything the whole issue is always driven by money.
    sigpic

Comment

Viega Pureflow uses bronze fittings and SS sleeves. No dezincification problems with these fittings. In fact, there are zero documented problems with Viega Pureflow fittings or pipe.

I've installed thousands of feet of Viega without a single problem.

The Pureflow system is light years ahead of the pex game. Also, Viega makes the ProPress fittings for those of you who use this system.

Viega is the only company that sells the ProPress x Pureflow Bronze Fitting.
      Uponor doesn't have it, Rehau doesn't have it, etc. What this means is you use ONE tool (different jaws) and ONE FITTING to press on to your copper and then take off with your pex for repipes etc. I love it.

In most applications such as water heater installs, repipes, etc., using the combined system is the only way to go imo.

Made in the U.S.A, no China crap from Viega.

Comment

Regarding sizing, in the Minnesota Plumbing Code book it says to size pex according to size. The same as you would for copper or anything else of similar size. Because there may be a ledge does not mean the flow is being restricted to the point of sizing up etc. Check your flow rates for pex, it more than makes up the difference.

Comment

Going to assume that the delta valve bodies are against code to, since the hole from the water supply to the cartridge is about as big as, idk a pea or something. Heck all the passage holes on the valve body are tiny.

Comment

Originally posted by Macgoose View Post
            Going to assume that the delta valve bodies are against code to, since the hole from the water supply to the cartridge is about as big as, idk a pea or something. Heck all the passage holes on the valve body are tiny.

I was going to give you the answer or rather reason why faucets and fixtures are not included but you should think about it for a bit and get back to us instead.

IR, we are still wrestling with the restriction issue with as I would expect, no tangible results thus far. So for now the board has decided to .......look the other way.
            sigpic

Comment

hey looking at buying veiga kit for mainly areas where you need to issue hot works certificates what do u think

Comment

Originally posted by steman7 View Post
                hey looking at buying veiga kit for mainly areas where you need to issue hot works certificates what do u think
                Wouldn't you still need a hot work permit for the battery operated tool?

Comment

Working...
                X