X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two blades on a pipe cutter?

Need to pick up a new blade for my 6inch pipe cutter. I looked up the parts list to get a number and order it. the parts list mentions cutter wheel conversion parts for one of the rollers.

Can you use two cutting wheels at the same time or is it just an optional placement for the blade. If you can run two blades is it effective?

I use this cutter for steel well casings.

I have no idea how old it is. It is a No. 6 patent No DES 143075. I'd expect the 6-S is the same or uses the same cutter wheel. If someone knows for sure one way or the other I'd appreciate it.

Re: Two blades on a pipe cutter?

Some of the pipe cutters, have cutting wheels on both sides so you do not have to spin the whole cutter around the pipe. Works well in tight quarters.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

if you need to thread the pipe. you want rollers to keep the ridge pushed in/down.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I have seen a cutter that sprinkler installers use, have 4 cutter wheels. Like for the big 4 inch pipes, and above. Only plus I could see was that they didn't have to turn the tool 360 degrees to get it to cut pipe, only about 90 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          if you need to thread the pipe. you want rollers to keep the ridge pushed in/down.

rick.
          Or, if you want to thread pipe, use a two or four wheel cutter that has been sprung or it out of alignment and does not track square on the pipe. In which case you can thread the pipe using the cutter.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Macgoose View Post
            I have seen a cutter that sprinkler installers use, have 4 cutter wheels. Like for the big 4 inch pipes, and above. Only plus I could see was that they didn't have to turn the tool 360 degrees to get it to cut pipe, only about 90 or so.
            Not turning 360 can be a big plus but the down side is the ridge that is left on the pipe. We use to use the four blade cutters a bunch doing demolition.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
            X